Author Topic: Iran and US should talk?  (Read 2750 times)

Offline johntaylor49

Iran and US should talk?
« on: September 25, 2013, 17:23:44 PM »
wotdyerfinkden?

Offline LeeGlo

Re: Iran and US should talk?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 17:45:55 PM »
Yes they should talk, Iran's new leader ( a moderate muslim by all accounts), has made the first move by indicating his wish for talks, and by saying that Iran does not intend to make nuclear weapons, so the least the rest of the world should do is hear what the man has to say. Especially if it averts another Iraq situation.

Offline apollo

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 21:13:16 PM »
Yes they should talk and behave like adults. Sanctions should be lifted, we all know that only the poor citizens suffer from sanctions. The rich are not affected.

However Israel have already indicated that they do not agree and they expect their poodle to fall into line and thus give extremists the justification to continue their campaign of violence around the world.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 23:23:32 PM »
Isreal have attacked Syria,Lebanon,Palestine,Sinai region,sent execution squads around the world on false passports,some British,killed peace activists in International waters,stolen thousands of acres of land,water supplies and other peoples businesses in the last few years and they call Iran  a terror state.They refuse to allow anyone to inspect THEIR nuclear facilities and are allowed to get away with it.   >:( >:(

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 06:35:27 AM »
Now that would be a step forward.

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 12:30:46 PM »
Isreal have attacked Syria,Lebanon,Palestine,Sinai region,sent execution squads around the world on false passports,some British,killed peace activists in International waters,stolen thousands of acres of land,water supplies and other peoples businesses in the last few years and they call Iran  a terror state.They refuse to allow anyone to inspect THEIR nuclear facilities and are allowed to get away with it.   >:( >:(

Well I guess if every time we had a peace agreement it was broken within days with Katushka rockets being aimed at our people I might be a little aggressive in defending ourselves. If we had suffered from constant attack and even our Athletes slaughtered at the Olympics, I might be a little unsympathetic to terrorists being hunted down and killed. If we had our neighbours so aggressive towards us they even have the copes of Atlas in bookshops altered to have our state erased from the map of the Middle East, and yes, I have with my own eyes seen that! (I have worked with all the states in that part of the World, and even had a business partnered with money from the PLO so don't accuse me of being a Zionist if anyone was going to  :) )  This debate was really about Iran and US and not Israel anyway, but I find the greatest criticism for Israel, and the greatest Sympathy for bordering states come from people who are influenced by biased journalists and not from those who have lived there. I don't recall Israel announcing to the World that they intended to "wipe them (Arabs/Iranians) from the face of the earth" or "push them into the sea" as their neighbours have! So they do appear a little more stable and better able to handle Nuclear weapons.

Israel has serious internal issues with such a huge proportion of it's population claiming religious exemption and doing no work, about 30% of people of working age rely on the rest of the Country to feed and clothe them while they "study" religion --- (of Course everyone knew that) I think they just want to see peace maintained for once and try and address their own problems.  I love Iran and the Iranian people and lived in Khuzestan province happily for years as well as most Middle Eastern States, I saw Israeli and Palestinians together as friends and business partners,  (they don't show that on Sky News!) and its about extremism on all sides and so I hope this debate can discuss the possibilities and opinions more on Iran/USA and what we feel our own Government might be able to do to help?

I have bashed on again haven't I  :)

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 12:47:12 PM »
Less contentious response. The US has issues that are historic for their installation, (with British help) of the Reza family as puppets. (the last Shah and his Father)  and this was really what led to the complete breakdown in relations at the time of the revolution. It enabled extremists to take control and it has taken Decades to see a move toward a more moderate regime.

I wouldn't say trust Iran and welcome them with open arms, but if you wont talk you go nowhere, even old Churchill always said "Jaw Jaw is better than War, War!"  I feel they are being cautious and wanted a clear message which they have now had, it would be tragic to miss the opportunity as with Iran, Syria and Israel at the same table in the future we might even finally see peace in the Middle East --- maybe -- depends on the Scorpion for those who know the story!

This has nothing to do with the fact I have a seized closed account at Bank Melli Iran with rather a lot of money in it  :)

Sanctions must be lifted immediately, as someone here said they have effect on regime, just hurt the poor, and they don't work -- Iran has all the latest US technology believe me!

Khoda Hafez

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 13:17:24 PM »
I believe you John.

Offline apollo

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 13:44:53 PM »
Ryszard Kapuscinski's ; Shah of Shahs is an interesting read. This helps to explain some of the mistrust Iranians have for "The West".This was before the Iran/Iraq war. And shows how much ground must be made up before any meaningful discussions can take place.

One cannot ignore the destabilising influence of Israel on the region.The Israel/Palestine issue has given the impetus to extremism around the globe.  I think that  I am correct in saying that,  Israel has more UN motions condemning the country than almost any other. 

Offline apollo

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 14:45:11 PM »
President Rouhani has just thrown down the gauntlet, for a nuclear free Middle east and eventually the world, at the UN . If you take him at his word ( which I feel that, at this stage, we must) then the news for the next few days and months should be very interesting. And I look forward to seeing Mark Regev's response to Rouhani's speech.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf