Author Topic: The REAL nelson Mandela  (Read 11897 times)

Offline johntaylor49

Re: The REAL nelson Mandela
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 12:19:11 PM »
Oh Dear, that makes twice I agree with you wholeheartedly Colwyn, we must stop this people will talk.

Well the definition depends which side you are on, but the reality in RSA is that it was a cruel and
racist state, and it would never have changed without force from within, and, in the end armed struggle.

It was not new, it began like that under Dutch colonists, very racists and used slavery, after the Boer War the British were much more relaxed but with the Boer's really regaining most of the power it became Government policy in 1948! I am my wife were invited there many times, but, she would have been regarded as "coloured" because her father was half Irish, Half Indian and we could not have stayed in the same Hotel, nor eaten together in many of the Restaurants so we never went. It was wrong, it was vicious, so maybe I can regard Madiba (Nelson was just the name he was forced to use at School), as perhaps justified.

Owamya bin Keepin
Worsley Popular Front

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 12:42:08 PM »
 Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness, did they ever say sorry? or do they have to now because there is peace?

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2013, 18:58:18 PM »
Well the conflict in Ireland I know more about than I am prepared to discuss here, but, how many people in the UK know that when "the Troubles" seriously began (been issues for many years) if you owned a property you got a vote, most Protestant households therefore had a vote, but because of employment discrimination by the Protestant minority most Catholics were employed in manual and menial jobs, could not afford a property and rented, therefore were excluded from the vote? (And yes I can prove it!)

What shall we call such miscarriage of Justice? Ahh, living apart ----- I know --- Apartheid!

Well, I wouldn't compare Mike to Nelson, but you can perhaps understand what caused the problems.
Margaret Thatcher could have solved the issues (which cost us over £100,000 for every person living there), by simply introducing 1 man, 1 vote and moving the rigged boundaries, but that is another story.

Owamya Bin Keepin
Worsley Popular Front

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2013, 19:09:19 PM »
Mike who ? ???

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2013, 19:31:51 PM »
Did Nelson Mandela die???   I would never have guessed, unless,  of course I watched the news every night for the last week and saw the T.V. crews who are stuck out in S.A. until the funeral trying to find a different angle every night and a different person to interview.  Last night was the last straw as they reverently interviewed the horrible Winnie....    I support it may be the guy who cut his hair tomorrow night.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2013, 20:48:50 PM »
The BBC, funded by you know who, have sent 140 staff to cover the Mandela funeral.

Sky News, who are covering the same events, are managing with 21 staff.

Do you think someone is taking the p##s.???

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2013, 21:40:38 PM »
You only have to consider when a major BBC News story happens in your area of the UK. You watch it all on the 6/10 o'clock news then all over again with a local reporter and crew. They  must be standing side by side in most cases.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2013, 00:13:22 AM »
Back in the seventies BBC 2 did a fishing series, The Fishing Race and The Golden Maggot Award
with teams of celebs/anglers. My brother in law won the competition and award and the series
was about traveling to various locations, Sweden was one of them,catching various specimens
and were allowed to play dirty tricks on the other competitors. Money was no object.My brother
in law had a new motorhome delivered to his house 4 weeks before filming started, as did all the
others. They had helicopters, airplanes, boats, actors for stunts, in fact anything they wanted at
their disposal. He returned home and the motorhome wasn't collected until 6 weeks later.
And everything was paid for by you and I, the license payers. And it's gone on for decades.      >:(

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »
Perhaps we need a new topic about the BBC?

The fact is that very few people probably knew the real Nelson Mandela, so we will probably never know
for certain about him.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2013, 11:01:22 AM »
I was shocked to see a report on T.V. yesterday morning from the East Coast of England and all the poor people who have lost so much in the floods, homes and businesses ruined.  We both remarked that we could not recall seeing any news of this recently, only the initial flooding was reported last week.  I felt so sorry for these people who where miserable and so demoralised.   So, while all the T.V. stations have been focused on S.A. for the last week, they have  almost totally neglected our home news.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf