Author Topic: Huge increase on our water charges  (Read 5610 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Huge increase on our water charges
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 09:32:39 AM »
Have you thought of getting a well on the property?

Offline yabanci

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 09:42:35 AM »
My water bill has only gone up from 3 lira a unit to 4.04 lira a unit,before adding taxes.If you add in the taxes the bill has risen from 3.51 lira a unit to 4.63 a unit.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 10:11:51 AM »
Water bill price gone up a ton of water from 1.40 lira to 4.36 lira.  How on earth they can justify this is beyond me.

You sure it was 1.40tl Anne?  I thought the first 15 or 20 m3 were 2tl then 3tl per m3 thereafter, plus taxes - similar to what Yabanci quoted.  Plus sewerage charge as well, whats that now, 1tl?

JF

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 10:18:11 AM »
My bill dated 16/5 is 2.64tl a ton & that's the price it's been for a while now. Possibly the 1.40tl refers to pre-Muski days, as I seem to recall complaints in the English language newpapers around that time

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 10:35:10 AM »
Sorry Anne, I think you've been "Facebooked". 

Fairly sure this is old stuff that was flying about when Mugla took over the water and sewerage.  I know the date on the article is yesterday but the figures aren't correct and the way I read it they're talking about the transition period when Fethiye bills started to come from Mugla.

JF

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 12:09:59 PM »
Have you thought of getting a well on the property?

We have a well.  This will affect everyone.  Well or no well

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 12:11:36 PM »
Only going with what the petition said John.  No doubt an error there somewhere though as just checked our water bill and yes, more than that quoted

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 12:14:07 PM »
One of the owners on Violet has translated the article in the Hurriyet

The Mayor of Mugla Big City Council, Osman Gurun has been deaf and ignored the voices of the local population, He is not paying any attention or answering any of the messages sent to him via the contact centre or the social media.
The price of the water in Fethiye until 2013 remained at 1 ytl 40 kurus for households. It has now gone up to 4 ytl 36 kurus.
Water is our natural and survival need. This is our water and comes from the Oren, Caygozu. Not long but only three years ago, that is until 2013 one tonne water cost 1 ytl 03 kurus to produce. Therefore, it was sold to residents 1 ytl 40 kurus, to local businesses 1 ytl 80 kurus, to government and official institutions 1 ytl and to building sites 1 ytl 70 kurus. From the proceeds of these charges there was enough income to pay the loan instalments taken from the German Development Bank by the Fethiye Council and to provide the water needs and infrastructure maintenance of the 15 urban areas of Fethiye. Therefore, with this rate of charges, 15 urban areas of Fethiye were adequately provided for, the debts were being paid off and also making profit.
However, today as well as the prices are going up by 423%, Tasyaka Deliktas area had no water during the month of Ramadan in the middle of summer even at “iftar” times with the claim that the infrastructure is not adequate. This is a complete fiasco.
Also some areas of Fethiye which do not have any infrastructure or proper drainage system are being charged for waste water based on their water usage. This reminds us the story of the Bridge at Deli Dumrul.
Although there has been no work done to the infrastructure or sewage network within the last 30 months, Mugla Big City Council charges residents 4 ytl 36 kurus, local businesses 7 ytl 78 kurus, government and official institutions 6 ytl 92 kurus and building sites 7 ytl 56 kurus. In other words, the increase in percentages are, residents 423%, local businesses 755%, government and official institutions 672% and building sites 734%.
With due respect Mayor, if you keep ignoring our pleas and pretending not to hear them, the local populace will not be silenced. Do not torture the people, and rob us for our natural entitlement to water as a basic human right. Reduce the water charges!

Offline yabanci

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 12:41:00 PM »
Seems strange that Mr.Saatchi chose 2013 for his water price comparison and not April 2014 when Mugla took over control of the water supply.My last bill before the Mugla takeover,dated 26th March 2014 shows the water price per unit to be 1.92 TL per unit used.So who hiked the price of water up from 1.40 to 1.92 in just under a year.Statistics eh. ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf