Author Topic: hiring bikes and scooters?  (Read 3154 times)

Offline Catwoman

hiring bikes and scooters?
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 08:39:32 AM »
OK - I get the picture - I will do my best to put them off the scooter idea.

Has anyone got any info or suggestions about bicycle hire though?

Come on you lot - I'm sure you must know loads you're not telling me!  

Thanks very much.

Tracey

Offline lollypop

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 08:40:44 AM »
Without my parents knowing my brother and his friend hired a scooter of the front in calis (he was only 16) and had no driving licence all he had was his passport and they still gave him a bike even tho he was only 16. About an hour alte after hiring the bike my brother skidded on the san/dust on the roads and came of the bike - he ended up cutting/grazing one side of his body and needed stiches in his arm, luckily he had the helmet on so his face was ok. Luckily Angel at nils bar was around to help clean him up before my mum saw the state of him.

When my mum found out she went mad obviously at him and also the scooter hire place for not checking his age. So just be careful guys, its not liek riding them in England.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 09:36:18 AM »
I'm sure I've seen pushbike hire on the promenade. Can someone confirm?

Offline sannyrut

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 10:02:01 AM »
There is a place that hires out pushbikes on the prom.I can't vouch for them however.If you look from the prom,towards the Sekutur Hotel,it is at the first supermarket on the right.I can't remember the price.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 11:27:56 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by cef

My son hired one in Feb, I'll e-mail him and ask  ;)

:-\ Still waiting for him to reply.... Just thought I'd add that he is 18, has Scooter Licence & Scooter since age 16 and Full Driving Licence & Car since 17, so lots of 'Road Sense' & 'Experience'

I did 'insist  :-\' he shop around as the first place he went to didn't even want to see his licence!!: :)  The Insurance is also an important factor, if not 'above board' will leave the 'Hirer' financially liable for all damage & injury's  8) :o

Neither his girlfriend or me were keen on the idea, to say the least : :): :) He was insistent though, he wanted to 'show his girl' around the area, go off the beaten track etc... Aah sweet  ;)  

Didn't have to wait long... his girlfriend (previously wetting herself) was fine with their adventure around the Mountain :D he on the other hand  8) was almost still shaking & a somewhat paler shade, from the experience... not going up the mountain road, it was the coming back down, that did his head in :P:D:D

He was quite happy to go out in the car in the evenings :D 8) ;)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 11:28:31 AM by cef »

Offline Catwoman

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 16:18:37 PM »
There is a place that hires out pushbikes on the prom.I can't vouch for them however.If you look from the prom,towards the Sekutur Hotel,it is at the first supermarket on the right.I can't remember the price.

Hi Sannyrut,

Thanks for your info however I'm not sure from your directions where you mean. I don't know where the Seketur Hotel is, and do you mean standing with your back to the sea?

Thanks,
Tracey

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 09:10:25 AM »
Hi i always hire scooters from orange don't know about bikes never had any bother with there scooters.

Lance

Offline sannyrut

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 10:11:28 AM »
The back entrance to the Seketur hotel is on the promenade.If you stand with your back to the sea,looking at the Seketur,turn right along the prom and a supermarket is about 20 yards along.The pushbikes are there.Alternatively,if you walk across the metal bridge and onto the prom,turn right and continue on, passing the taxi place and a public telephone.The pushbikes for hire are about a 2 minute walk from the taxi place on the prom.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf