Author Topic: owning a buisness  (Read 2950 times)

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
owning a buisness
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 20:12:53 PM »
Hi Debbie,
its Elaine (MagicalGarden) who runs the nursery I just supply the money and handle the legal side.
We only took on the Nursery last week so not many experiences yet (Elaine has over 20 years childcare experience in the UK so plenty to discuss there) main thoughts right now are weeks of paperwork, accountants, lawyers, photocopies and passport photos.
So we dont go off topic you are welcome to pm either of us.
John

Offline tracey1398

owning a buisness
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 20:41:01 PM »
thanks very much for the possitive feedback

Offline lmaddy

owning a buisness
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 10:15:59 AM »
Tracey,
I wish you the best of luck in your business, I hope it all works out for you. It does sound like it is worth talking to a few business owners to get their experiences. Some times life isn't always safe & you do need to take a leap in the dark. Just because things are difficult and are not easy to come by doesn't mean they are impossible or not worth while.
Good luck
Lorraine
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 10:17:09 AM by lmaddy »

Offline kismetbar

owning a buisness
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 15:32:02 PM »
You need a limited company which, when we set ours up, cost us 2000 quid. You have to have a turkish manager on paper, and you are responsible for paying their sigorta (monthly insurance). On top of that, you have to pay your accountant monthly, regardless of whether you are making money or not! With regards to actually working, you must have a Turkish citizen working for you. As Crabbit said, you've no chamce of a work permit yourselves unless you are doing a job that a Turk cannot do! There is alot of homework to be done but for us, it certainly wasn't as hard as we thought it would be. It was far harder getting the licence for the bar! I would say to anyone though, think long and hard about it! Incidentally, going back to the working issue, we have a bar. We employ a Turk. We can empty your ashtray, we can wash the pots and clean the toilets. God help us if we actually serve you a drink!!! How odd is that!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf