Author Topic: A well kept secret (or maybe not)  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
A well kept secret (or maybe not)
« on: July 26, 2008, 13:57:41 PM »
I may have let this slipped to a couple of people in the chatroom, but now I thought I'd let everyone know the secret.

I'm off to Beijing early on Sunday morning, not as you might expect to spectate, but hopefully to compete at the highest level.

I have been working towards this for yearly two years and am hopefully at my peak.

Competition starts in the middle of next month, but I am going out early to acclimatise to the conditions which I understand might be difficult, what with the well documented pollution and all

I would, of course, naturally wanted to have competed from my beloved Scotland but I am relatively happy to settle for team GB. I am however looking forward to competing against from all creeds and colour.

As it happens I am carrying a slight injury to a middle finger, but with intensive physiotherapy, I hope to be fully fit for the start of competition.

As you can see from the schedule below, competition is on Tuesday 12th and Thursday 14th August so I hope you'll take time away from the Forum to look out for the results.

See you when I get back.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf