Author Topic: Attempted abduction on 4 year old boy in Hisaronu  (Read 2834 times)

Offline SteveJ

Attempted abduction on 4 year old boy in Hisaronu
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 19:54:30 PM »
Heather - I don't think that there were any 'people in the bar'. The mother explained to us that they were all standing in the Hotel reception and her son (about 10 years old) had seen his sister approach the Hotel steps but had not seen her go down. The mother then said that they had all followed after her "a few seconds later" (those were her words but in reality it could have been longer) and that their daughter was then nowhere to be seen. The girl was only 5 or maybe 6 years of age and even if she had run off there's no way that she could have gone so far or got past Jean and I without us seeing her.
The only theory that I can come up with that fits the evidence is that she was grabbed and bundled into a car (perhaps the speeding car who knows) but then started screaming so loudly that they dropped her off a quarter of a mile down the road. I didn't think to ask her any questions about how she had got to the place where I had found her - I was just wanted to get her back to her family as quickly as I could. She didn't seem too distressed or distraught, she was just sobbing like any child who was lost might do. It was only later when we went over what had happened that we realised that it could not have been a simple "unsupervised child wanders off" episode even if the family hadn't missed her for several minutes. She was just too far away from the Hotel for that to have been the case.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 21:19:31 PM »
Steve -sorry I was talking about the two incidents in one post.

My first line was acknowledging the part you had played.

Second half I was thinking about the four year old where the report said that folk in the bar were watching.

Sorry for confusion.  I will edit to make it clearer

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 23:34:05 PM »
Thank you Pebbles for bringing this to everyones attention. I too have 'a little one' who loves playing on the beach be it day or night. He never strays from where he can see me, or I him,...but this just makes you realise that no matter where you are... you must always be aware.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 09:12:52 AM »
Heather - the confusion was mine. Your post was quite clear (now that I have read it properly) :-\

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 09:44:51 AM »
Arrgggh - now I'm confused over who is confused. You edited your post didn't you? I'm going back to bed! :)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 17:43:37 PM »
Sorry.

What is clear is that you did a great thing helping that family find their daughter

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf