Author Topic: Co-op Boss Warns Turkey on Prices  (Read 3629 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Co-op Boss Warns Turkey on Prices
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 23:32:52 PM »
Agreed  :)

You don't have to look far to find examples of restaurants or bars that changes hands every single season, often financed by a Brit who thinks they have what previous successive bosses didn't, and end up dropping all their money down the toilet within a season.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 03:21:18 AM »
I think the coop guy has a vald point although no business can run at a loss. However I think what he is trying to say is - just because there are going to be a lot of tourists coming this year don't rip them off with dispraportionate price rises because if you do they will not come back next year.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 09:36:32 AM »
If you look at some of the package holiday feeds like the Thomson/First Choice ones on here, you begin to see the point. The feeds on here are set up to deliver Calis/Turkey deals, but if I change it to anywhere, price = less than £199, nearly every holiday that lists is a Greek Island.

This is the price you have to charge when you need to attract all the people back that you took the p*** out of when times were good for your part of the World.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 17:43:01 PM »
When I hear the CEOs of the major travel companies going on about prices in Turkey or in any other tourist country in the world do wind me up. . These are the companies that are paying Turkish hotel owners between 5 and 10 quid a night for a double room with breakfast. Some hotels are giving their rooms away for free so that they can fill them and try to make some money on the food and drink that the visitors will buy during their stay.The holiday companies have told hotels that if they do not accept this arrangement then they will take guests to those hotels that will.

Maybe if these holiday companies did the right thing and paid the hotel owners a fair price they may not be forced into having to raise prices to try and make a living.

Offline mikew

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 17:07:31 PM »
Co-op Travel were advertising on TV last night 2 weeks for the price of 1 for selected holidays in Turkey

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf