Author Topic: Pompey do it  (Read 1393 times)

Offline amca

Pompey do it
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 10:54:56 AM »
I am bemused by this fairy tale success of Portsmouth. The success has been bought by money they did not have and debts that they cannot honour. There are clubs who live within their means and it must sicken them.

Offline Pompeylil

Pompey do it
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 11:29:49 AM »
Evet, evet, evet!
We actually did it.  The odds stacked against us, but we had nothing to loose or really prove.
Relegated one day, through to the FA Cup Final the next.  
The atmosphere was fantastic, better than the previous semi and final.  Maybe that was due to the fact that we were playing Spurs and the love hate relationship with their manager - Redders.
The Spurs fans managed to raised their voices once or twice and when they did it was a pleasure to stand up and clap them for it!
Well done Pompey - better luck next time Spurs.
:D :) 8):D :) 8)

Offline micky mouse

Pompey do it
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 11:33:15 AM »
Hi Tel,what a result and for my team fulham revenge,i had every faith they could do it portsmouth thats one up the anti for old harry boy and im so pleased for grant and all that hes had to endure down at pompey.Good luck in the final one never knows you could do it again,what a result if you could.I think that you are the third team ever to get to a final and get relegated at the same time.Good question if someone knows.Sunderland,Middlesboro,Portsmouth,Anymore clubs?

Offline ronzeus

Pompey do it
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 12:37:03 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

To be quite honest it wouldn't bother me at all if Pompoey won, Ive had some good times at Fratton and the fans are some of the best in the football league, Good Luck to them ;)

One of the most sporting posts ever.    8)Whatever next ,Stoop complimenting Man.U [?] :o

Offline tel

Pompey do it
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 22:21:51 PM »
Amca...There are far worse debts than Pompeys amongst the big boys in the premier league than people realise. If the owners or banks call in their loans there will be some big stories.
Micky,great results for your boys and Play up Pompey huh,not the supporters fault,nor the same team that reached the Cup final again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf