Author Topic: Lift to the Airport anyone?  (Read 3620 times)

Offline miaspyro

Lift to the Airport anyone?
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 08:41:24 AM »
this is a further statement from the chairman of tursab, have also put this on the other topic regarding this matter, hope this helps put fears to rest:

The Land of Lights recently published an article, "TURSAB Warns Against Illegal Transfers." This appears to have caused some confusion amongst our readers. LOL decided to clarify the comments made in the article by having another meeting with Salih Taşci, President of Fethiye's TURSAB.

He explained everything for the benefit of LOL readers. "The Dalaman police are particularly concerned about stopping unlicensed transfers: you know, people who are doing illegal transfers: travelling back and forth between Fethiye, Calis, Hisarönü and the airport for money."

Taşci continues, "Of course no one wants to stop anyone going to Dalaman to collect friends or family from the airport but neither do we want this important aspect of the tourism sector to remain under regulated. The police at the airport are now recording car registration numbers and if any are seen making a suspiciously frequent number of visits, without the required license, they will be checked."

Offline amanda bullock

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2010, 08:01:38 AM »
so,....don't you dare laugh!! If and when(hmmm) your luggage stays in Manchester when you have arrived in Dalaman,you have to wait for the carrousel to stop(gobsmacked bacause your case didn't show)then queue up at the lost and found office for ages,then get shown to the next door office cos this was the wrong one for that airline,then you have to gallop out through the doors,down the ramp(whilst still evilly looking for your case or similar colour),across the car park(through the milling crowds)looking for your transfer!quick word with driver (i knackered and pee'd off by now)back across car park ,up ramp and up to doors to confirm with lost and found office.refused entry at exit doors,so up stairs to departures,round building,down stairs to office to be told no luggage for 2 days.What a welcome!!! good job i'm easy going.(got it eventually though) ha ha

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 08:10:46 AM »
Enjoy your restful holiday!!

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2010, 11:58:49 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by amanda bullock

so,....don't you dare laugh!! If and when(hmmm) your luggage stays in Manchester when you have arrived in Dalaman,you have to wait for the carrousel to stop(gobsmacked bacause your case didn't show)then queue up at the lost and found office for ages,then get shown to the next door office cos this was the wrong one for that airline,then you have to gallop out through the doors,down the ramp(whilst still evilly looking for your case or similar colour),across the car park(through the milling crowds)looking for your transfer!quick word with driver (i knackered and pee'd off by now)back across car park ,up ramp and up to doors to confirm with lost and found office.refused entry at exit doors,so up stairs to departures,round building,down stairs to office to be told no luggage for 2 days.What a welcome!!! good job i'm easy going.(got it eventually though) ha ha

:D:D:D:D:D  (opps, sorry Amanda, you said don't laugh :( ;): :)).

Offline amanda bullock

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2010, 15:01:13 PM »
i would don't worry.lol.x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf