Author Topic: Is it the done thing to haggle at Calis Market?  (Read 8824 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

Is it the done thing to haggle at Calis Market?
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2010, 10:45:09 AM »
Drive on the D400 which is the big road you are on to Dalaman and carry on to Koycegiz .When you reach Koycegiz you may see lots of stalls at the side of the road selling fruit, keep driving along until you see a slip road on the right of you. If you take this road to the right it then goes down a slope and under the main road so you are actually heading left off the D400. You will then come to a small roundabout with the town in front of you and the lake is at the end of the high street. The slip road is more as you leave Koycegiz than enter it.
Alternatively if you drive to Koycegiz on the D400 there is a big dark blue house on the right,a very noticeable colour!I am not sure if it is some sort of business,turn left opposite it and the road will take you on to the lakeside. There is a very big mosque in the centre of the town with a minaret which can obviously be seen from a distance,maybe this will help you find it, good luck! :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 10:58:36 AM by Daffodil »

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2010, 09:04:49 AM »
It is just before you reach Toparlar,the next village. :)

Offline lizdev

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2010, 13:51:13 PM »
Thanks Daffodil will try again in September

Offline june

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2010, 18:13:20 PM »
We have been Daffodil, the place is so tranquil and lovely and there were a lot more shops than I thought there would be in the town, a very nice place to visit....the lake is just so peaceful....just lovely...

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2010, 23:53:20 PM »
Pardon me,How do you expect to haggle , when Brits complain about being hassled!!.The markets now have lira prices on all fruit and veg etc.The Zabita ,social beledye police for want of a better expression are responding to!!, your on going complaints of Hassle.Brits generally do not like to barter,so which way do you want it.If you are brave and like to argue the price,get on with it.but if you want a sanitised market because you do not have the character,well now you have got what you whinged about.Even if you are an antique dealer on holiday Go on have a go!!

Offline batman

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2010, 11:03:02 AM »
Captainjon, To be hasseled when you are not interested in anything to buy is in my mind different to haggleing on something that you do.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 11:06:10 AM by batman »

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2010, 13:40:41 PM »
Dont split hairs,pull your cloak over your head and shout Robin.kidding really,maybe!

Offline Maz

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2010, 23:16:40 PM »
So no more cheeky "cheaper than Primark" boasts are true?  Sounds like a lot of market banter has sadly disappeared.  I was in Bodrum a few years ago and the price they wanted for beach towels was actually more than Primark (but he at last offered to match it, in a polite way).

I've recommended a lot of friends to visit Turkey but have also warned them not to expect the bargains they might expect.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf