Author Topic: Why do you watch football ?  (Read 1383 times)

Offline maximumtom

Why do you watch football ?
« on: December 16, 2010, 20:35:18 PM »
I like watching football.  Either good stuff or youth soccer (when my son was playing) or Sunday morning pub leagues.

Of the good stuff, I don't support any team in particular, so I watch a lot of matches on TV.  I will watch a side because of its team performance or because of a particular player who, on his own , can add excitement to a game.

Spurs - Bale
Man City - Adam Johnson
Arsenal - Fabregas ( although I am impressed with Wilshere)
Man U - Used to be Giggs and Ronaldo ( nobody at the moment, just teamwork)
Villa - Albrighton
Chelsea - Drogba and Lampard
Liverpool - Gerard
Cardiff - Belamy

At the other end of the spectrum, if you have never watched Sunday morning pub leagues, you have missed entertainment at its best.  10 fat mouthy ‘know it alls' trying to kick the legs off the one young opponent who has any talent is a sight not to be missed.

What do you think ?

Offline Piscoe

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 09:41:55 AM »
I used to play a lot of Saturday and Sunday league football in my youth and still miss it today. For that reason I go and watch the local pub teams whenever I can. You are right it is great entertainment albeit perhaps not the best football.

I watch a lot of football on TV, most definitely Premiership as I really do think it is the best league out there.

Offline sandgrounder

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 17:03:34 PM »
I've fallen out with the Premiership and all the plonkers who either play in it, manage in it or actually administer it!!!! The sackings of Chris Hughton and Big Sam are beyond belief and the "Dummy Spitting" antics of Rooney and Tevez really have left a sour taste in the mouth.

The New Year will see me watching my son play in the local leagues and probably getting myself into trouble for shouting abuse at useless refs and donkey opponents LOL:D

Offline fletch

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 23:29:06 PM »
It's my job...:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 23:40:19 PM »
I was watching a game in our local park a while back and realised something important. You never get dark blue teams against light blue teams in the professional game do you :D

Offline amca

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 00:03:22 AM »
I love sitting there listening to the brilliant tacticians and referees who sit all around me.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 00:19:47 AM »
Don't they always put one within one seat forward/back/right/left of you??!! And furthermore, do the most vociferous ones know the least about the subject?? Luton Town was wonderful for that, an expert every 6 seats!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 12:41:32 PM »
Always followed my home town - Leeds United - even in the darkest days of near extinction.

I just can't comprehend why anyone would support or be a 'fan' of any other than their home town club (unless influenced by parents at an early age like my lads).

I watch because it's part of me and always will be. I do watch other teams and enjoy the Prem's big games but much prefer to watch Leeds in the Championship.

Offline maximumtom

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 17:29:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

I just can't comprehend why anyone would support or be a 'fan' of any other than their home town club

Not a believer of " Home is where the heart is " then eh Stoop ? :D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 18:59:23 PM »
Question..
"Why do you watch Football"

Answer.. I am from Liverpool and Football, as a famous Scot once said, is more important than life and death!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf