Author Topic: WARNiNG...Tax on Gifts!!  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Eric

WARNiNG...Tax on Gifts!!
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 08:52:24 AM »
Somebody had their eye on the phone, and has now got it!:-\:-\:-\

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
WARNiNG...Tax on Gifts!!
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 19:46:04 PM »
So my daughter was lucky when she forgot her dive watch and had a friend post it form the UK to her in Calis?  Oh, it arrived but took 10 days.

Offline kizkucuk

WARNiNG...Tax on Gifts!!
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 16:37:42 PM »
There are I believe some dates around the Bayrams that the value of gifts can be higher and not incur more tax - sure I read somewhere that it appleid for gift parcels sent a week before and up to 3 weeks after.  Can't find the article now perhaps someonelse knows. I still have stuff in the UK that I want so when I was over last I parcelled up various items and posted them to myself.  None of them marked gift.  I sent 7 parcels within 48 hours from a mix of three local Post Offices - two parcels arrived within 7 days - 3 arrived within 10 days and the other 2 - one took 22 days and the other 34 days.  The ones that were delivered quickly were the ones with printed papers and note books - the ones that took ages were the ones that were mixed with some clothes and some papers and they had been opened by customs and resealed (perhaps they didn't like my tast in dresses) - the clothes only ones arrived within 10 days - kept them all under 2 kilos in weight and think the answer is not to mix the contents.  I ordered an A5 slimline diary from ebay Uk at the beginning of the month - it was posted on the 6/1/11 and arrived this morning - 8 days

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf