Author Topic: Zipped Mattresses  (Read 1552 times)

Offline WendyA

Zipped Mattresses
« on: August 31, 2011, 10:09:29 AM »
I am hoping to rent my villa, but want flexibility with beds.  In the UK you can get 2 single bed mattresses that zip together and make a king (or probably super king! ) Size bed. This would seem ideal for what I want!
Has anyone seen any of these anywhere in the Fethiye area?
Many thanks...

Offline kizkucuk

Zipped Mattresses
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 11:02:31 AM »
A lot of the hotels just join them together with a double fitted sheet.  Seems to do ok for a holiday :-)  

Offline WendyA

Zipped Mattresses
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 11:13:11 AM »
Thanks, I know that's a possibility, but would be good if there were a bit more of a comfortable option.  I've fallen down between the gap in these sort of beds in the past!!

Offline Linny

Zipped Mattresses
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 19:31:01 PM »
Ah, my area of expertise!!! I sell beds for a living here in England, not that I will be able to furnish you with much assistance, but I don't think that the zipped mattresses idea has reached Turkey or many other places in Europe (yes, I know Turkey's not Europe!! :-))  We have quite a few people who buy from us and we ship them overseas - Italy, Spain, France loads of times so thats why I think they can't be very popular / available overseas. (Told you I wouldn't help you much!!) My advise would be to push them together, but have a REALLY good, super dooper mattress protector with a deep skirt on that hugs them together well, as oppossed to the corner elasticated strapped ones that you quite often get. I've taken our mattress protectors over with me to Turkey, because they're really padded and skirted, but you may be able to buy them over there I don't know. Ours are specially made in Germany for our shop and lots of our customers say they're better than the ones you get in John Lewis - but I don't know that either. Sorry I can't help anymore than that. I would be interested to know if anyone else has seen zipped matts in Turkey though - perhaps I should open my own bed shop in Fethiye.

Offline WendyA

Zipped Mattresses
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 20:06:36 PM »
Hi Linny, thank you very much for the helpful information!  It seems that it would be a great idea and, maybe you can sell them from Fethiye!!
I'll take your advice inboard and let you know if I come up with anything better!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf