Author Topic: Team Atlantic Dash  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Eric

Team Atlantic Dash
« on: June 06, 2011, 20:50:32 PM »
I know this is not specifically Turkey focused but please indulge an old man:D

Please look at this site;

http://www.atlanticdash.co.uk

On 4th December 2011, two firefighters from South Wales Fire and Rescue Service will face the greatest challenge of their lives.

As Team Atlantic Dash they will take part in one of the world's toughest races rowing 3000 miles across the Atlantic Ocean. Their goal; to raise awareness and over £100,000 for The Firefighters Charity, Help for Heroes, WRVS (Womens Royal Voluntary Service) and Breast Cancer Care.

John Haskell and Jamie Windsor, both from Cardiff, will face physical and emotional turmoil as they endure the unpredictability of the weather and the ocean in their self sufficient bid to cross the Atlantic.

I had the pleasure of working with both of these guys and recruited them into the UK Fire Service International Search and Rescue Team.  They are both completely bonkers ;):D but I have 100% confidence they will complete this.

Please read their web page and if you can assist in any way you will be helping 4 worthwhile charities.

Thanks.

Offline Eric

Team Atlantic Dash
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 13:31:04 PM »
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 13:39:21 PM by Eric »

Offline Karabag

Team Atlantic Dash
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 14:57:50 PM »
Wow I wish them luck that is a heck of a challenge!

Offline Eric

Team Atlantic Dash
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 19:47:49 PM »
For your info, the lads finished this at 02.00 yesterday morning after 45 days and 19 hrs, 21 minutes and in 4th position.

Video interview here;

I am so proud of these guys. [^]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf