Author Topic: Another earthquake  (Read 6557 times)

Offline Dutchie

Re: Another earthquake
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 09:21:45 AM »

Well, they always complain when the resorts are full of Turkish tourists that they dont spend anything, so although it may be quieter it shouldnt affect takings.......

I don't know about previous years but this year the Turks are spending money whereas the English tourists aren't.

Offline kindbouncer

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 09:34:13 AM »
The world to end on 21st of october eh? ....oh well at least i ll be able to fit in my calis holiday in september lol ....but seriously i hope you guys are all well and not too badly affected  by the quakes .

Offline Libra

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 09:40:35 AM »
The world to end on 21st of october eh? ....oh well at least i ll be able to fit in my calis holiday in september lol ....but seriously i hope you guys are all well and not too badly affected  by the quakes .

Highlander wrote "I read somewhere that the end of the world would take place on October 21, 2011. " ,

Sorry for your holidays kindbouncer , the world has ended last year.

Offline kindbouncer

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 13:11:57 PM »
i knew it was too early to be responding to posts ...grrrr thanks for pointing out my obvious error matey  :-[ ill be sure to read posts properly next time ....i wonder how much a humour by pass is these days?

Offline WendyA

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 14:04:37 PM »
I was there during the 'big one' we had the other week and was distinctly uneasy at night afterwards.  Just heard about the 'new' one yesterday now back in the UK.  Sounds like there wasn't any damage, though - pleased to say.  Hope everyone and their property is ok.

One thing that concerned me was that we were told to lock the front door well at night, have security bolts on doors - and were told to keep these screwed in, but both would mean it would be very difficult to get out quickly!  Security or earthquake a bigger threat?! (Not sure if that's rhetorical or not!)

Offline starman

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 16:04:12 PM »
Again the power of rumours and hearsay. Although I have myself a good ability to predict movement and usually its around 10am after a couple of slices of toast.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 19:30:07 PM »
The erath moves most nights for Mrs A and I predict a large quake i a few hours time lol !

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 08:28:32 AM »
Certainly moved enough to jumble up the letters  ;).

Can that be the last "the earth moved" "joke" PLEEEEEASSSSE :(

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2012, 10:10:29 AM »
Had my first experience of an earthquake last week and dont think I will ever forget it. Was in the little girls room  :), some would say the best place to be when not sure what was happening  ;D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2012, 11:46:08 AM »
Had my first experience of an earthquake last week and dont think I will ever forget it. Was in the little girls room  :), some would say the best place to be when not sure what was happening  ;D

I've heard a few earthquakes in the little boys room at times   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf