Author Topic: Jet2 extra legroom - not always the case.  (Read 2458 times)

Offline Bluwise

Jet2 extra legroom - not always the case.
« on: February 12, 2013, 07:24:50 AM »
Anyone flying out with Jet2 and booked extra legroom?
If so, check the flight seating plan as we have just been informed the seats we booked last December for June this year are no longer extra legroom - from 34ins down to 28ins!!!
I am furious as I only use them for the space.  They will refund the difference in cost for standard seat selection and give us a free drink - that doesn't help. >:(

I suspect our flights to Lanzarote next week will be the same as when I make a dummy booking and look at the seats available, they are all 'standard' on that one too now.
Anyone heard anything about Jet2 changing their planes - or worse?

Offline Bluwise

Re: Jet2 extra legroom - not always the case.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 13:29:09 PM »
Just a quick update -
Their fleet are undergoing re-fitting from March 1st all seats will be sold as standard.
That leaves just Monarch with any option for knee (and spare tyre) room -

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 15:02:11 PM »
Thomas Crook have exit seats for booking

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 15:28:14 PM »
You can book row 1 on Jet2. I know it's more expensive but without trying to be funny, no matter if they change the plane type, it always has a row1. The only downside is that if you travel in winter, and they faff around with the airport ground staff, it's bloody cold in row 1 till they shut the door!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 16:08:50 PM »
If there are two of you travelling with T.Crook it will cost you an extra £120.00 for a return journey with extra leg room seats. However, we don't have a choice of picking seat, legroom, meals etc., As once again T.C. have given over the flight to a Turkish Airline again.  This year it is Freebird.  So, everyone will be at the Airport 4 hours before to guarantee a seat together   >:(

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 19:59:46 PM »
Up to 2011 we booked flight only with Exclusive Escapes.  Yes we paid a bit more (not much though) but the holiday started at the airport with no check in queues, greeted by name, really comfy seats and complimentary meal/drink.  They chartered a BMI aircraft with all seats at around 32-34 pitch but now they use Monarch and the extra legroom seats are reserved for full package guests........

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf