Author Topic: Hotel in Kas  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Rayza

Hotel in Kas
« on: July 17, 2014, 21:16:08 PM »
Hi all.
Can anyone recommend a hotel in Kas? When we're over in August we thought we would have trip to Kas and Kalkan and stay over for a few days.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Hotel in Kas
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 01:23:48 AM »
Last time we were there we rented a villa on the peninsular for a few days - worked out cheaper than a hotel.  Food for thought?

JF

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 06:38:41 AM »
We spent three nights at The Meltem pension in June for my 60th.
Centrally located in Kas, basic and clean with a good Turkish breakfast.
Coincidentally it was reviewed on Turkeys for Life after we had booked - take a look.
Did 3 days in Kalkan the previous year - not impressed, much preferred Kas - more
historically Turkish - Kalkan seemed like a man made tourist enclave in comparison.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 07:15:58 AM »
Friends stayed at the Hideaway & reported that it was superb

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 08:26:22 AM »

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 15:04:12 PM »
If you are in Kaş, it's well worth taking a trip to the greek island of Castellorizo (greek)/Meis (turkish). It's only a couple of miles offshore and very visible from  Kaş itself. Although there isn't a whole lot to do, it's very picturesque and has loads of interesting history. It's also where my wife's grandmother was from!

Offline daveG

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 17:46:45 PM »
We used to really enjoy Kas but unfortunately because of the steep steps to rooms (entrance to Htls I am giving albeit on level)finally defeated my wife (although now with her knee replacement should now not be such a problem):-
     Aqua Princess only 5mins from centre/harbour offers private rocky beach and superb views over to Meis/Castellorizo. Rooms not large but would still recommend for location and offers a good evening menu if required.
      Hera Htl next door similar slightly more expensive.
Some of the other hotels are positioned on the peninsular, to these you would need your own transport and leave any nerves at home!!!!

Offline Rayza

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 20:24:21 PM »
Thanks for all your replies. Have booked the Aqua Princess Hotel.  Just  another question???
Can you buy a return from Fethiye that incorporates stopping in Kalkan or is it a single ticket for each part of your journey?

Offline daveG

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 20:56:37 PM »
Single ticket to both, better making Kas your base and visiting Kalkan which is only a short journey away and the views between both are superb. If you have the time excursions to Kekova (incl sunken city and the church of the bishop st.nicholas-Santa Claus) enjoy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf