Author Topic: No Animal Situation Desperate Enough to Use the CBF Charity Forum  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Posted on Facebook just 17 hours ago

*****THIS IS A VERY VERY URGENT APPEAL*****
They is NO food at the Catalirik Belediye Shelter for the dogs, Animal Aid have today paid for and taken 20 bags of dry food but with over a 100 dogs we doubt this will last more than 2 days.
It's a desperate situation and We need ALL the help we can get please to get through this difficult time, until things are sorted....

It's not a time for recriminations or blame we just need to help these animals, that is the most important issue at the moment and that's what we do as we are Animal Aid....
Please can you help by donating to our Paypal account below any amount no matter how small will help us at the moment, similarly if you would like to donate other than Paypal we can collect donations too, and also if anyone can donate bags of dry food that would be amazing again it can be picked up or dropped off whichever is most convenient...
We are calling out to ALL you animal lovers to help us through this desperate situation...
Many thanks
ANIMAL AID

So urgent, you would think every avenue would be used to try and get much needed food - Facebook, CBF's Animal Aid Forum (some people don't ever go on Facebook and maybe they could be the ones to reach out to help), Twitter, postcard in a local shop window...

Following on from a series of similar observations, I have decided to close the AA forum on here, freely donated and paid for by me - due to the fact that those people supposedly caring for animals don't even use it when animals are in desperate need.

Oh and cleopatrasasp, if that comes across as derogatory, please imagine how it feels to give something freely to help a local cause and then only be able to read about it on Facebook. It is an almost daily slap in the face and reminder of the lack of value they believe CBF holds. I'm content to remember the good things we helped with and let them carry on without needing us.

Sadly, these changes on CBF will have no impact whatsoever on the activities of AA these days. It will simply go from not being used to not being available. Thanks to Andy for the better days previously.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: No Animal Situation Desperate Enough to Use the CBF Charity Forum
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 14:00:02 PM »
Please feel free to use the "Other Local Charities" forum if things ever get so bad that you actually need to use CBF.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 14:14:26 PM »
Seems some people have very short memories.

I'm not one for giving to many charities as we carefully choose the ones we do support - and there is only so much money. However I have seen at first hand how much CBF members have given over the years and it does seem odd that the forum is now overlooked when further help is needed.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 14:48:07 PM »
Agreed - but it's a no news story really, unless the headline "UNUSED FORUM DELETED" is big news. If they don't bother with the CBF AA forum why should I?

Here's another one from their FB group just 2 days ago...

WARNING*************************
We are hearing from Gokcen Gokmen Bayram that in the foca area of Calis there have been poisonings, 2 poor dogs frown emoticon
The area between uçkun market and ayde market there is a street named ibrahim gül , on the corner with 1023 sokak,
Poisoned food is being put out on aluminium foil.....

Important warning for dog owners in Calis - just not worth telling Calis Beach Forum members over there who are dog owners. But it's the animals' welfare that comes first...

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 19:16:23 PM »
I missed that! Says it all I guess.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf