Author Topic: Hello just bought house in Gunlukbasi!!!  (Read 1243 times)

Offline wendynjohnknight

Hello just bought house in Gunlukbasi!!!
« on: October 14, 2005, 21:58:47 PM »
Hello all...

After just returning from Turkey myself and my husband have bought a house in Turkey and are really nervous about it all!!
We have never done anything like this before and would welcome any advice that you can give us.

Regards

Wendy & John
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 22:13:12 PM by wendynjohnknight »

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 22:18:18 PM »
Wendy & John
We've all been there. Nervously thinking - are we mad? What have we done? Welcome to the club.

Just to put your minds at ease - I don't think there is a person on here that has ever regretted their purchase. Many of us love the place so much that we decided we want to live there full-time not just holiday there a few times a year.

There is so much information on here. Anything you want to know has probably already been covered. Look at the top right hand of your screen about 2" down for the search link & start researching all those many questions you have.

My advice. Sit back, have a glass of wine & celebrate the fact that you've bought a place in Paradise then spend a week on here finding answers to questions you never would have thought about asking but really wanted to know all along.

Welcome to the club.
Linda & Carl

PS. Everyone on here is nosey so tell us where you've bought & who from.
If you look on the introductions, you'll probably find there are many members in your locality. They'll soon let you know if you live near.

Offline wendynjohnknight

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 22:29:12 PM »
What a lovely reply...thankyou
We dont actually have the address but we are behind the school in Gunlukbasi and it is a two bedroomed house about a year old. The sale should be completed in a few months time. It is quite well furnished so we dont have to buy that much.
We do want sky sports as it will keep the old man out of my way why i am sunbathing!!
Please keep giving me advice as it is much appreciated

Wendy & John

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 22:54:15 PM »
Hi Wendy and John
Welcome to the forum.  You've made a great start by finding us - most if not all of the questions spinning around your head at the minute will have been asked and answered as Linda said.
We're not too far from you (I think, going by your description)just over the other side of the Dalaman Road in the Violet apts.
Going over on Monday for a week and can't wait!
Good luck with it all
Anne

Offline K471DTE

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 23:17:33 PM »
Dear Wendy and John,

We ( Me and my wife ) are very jelouse of your move !!!! One day we will leave in our hose permanantly as well. As Linda&Carl said just sit and enjoy your glass of vine. Ref to your husbands 'blood' needs ( exaclty like me !!! Football ) There is a Turkish Channnel called TV8, it is broadcasting Premiership games.

Hope to meet you and your husband, we cn watch game and you 'girls' can have the sunbath !!

Ps: I am a mad Tottenham Supporter...

Dogan

Offline lindi

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 00:00:19 AM »
Hi Wendy and John

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase.  We bought last year and have not looked back - best thing we ever did.  I'm sure you'll feel the same once you've got used to the idea - enjoy it!

lindi :)

Offline Wolf

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 08:48:23 AM »
Hi Wendy and John

We're new to this site and new to the experience of buying in Turkey. I was over in Turkey last weekend doing to the deed through Lagoon Estates.

I understand the nervousness but I'm sure we won't regret the decision and I'm sure you won't either.  Reading the many comments on here gives us confidence that we've done the right thing.

Good luck with it.

Andy and Jane

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 10:50:19 AM »
Hi Wendy and John, welcome to the forum. As other members have said, there acan't be many people one this forum who have regretted buying a place in Turkey. Hope you get a lot of enjoyment from your place.
Pete and Sue

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2005, 14:16:35 PM »
hi wendynjohn and welcome to the forum are the houses you have bought terrace houses,our friends were selling theirs and moving to a bigger place,they are lovely places we are not far away just up the umzulum road to the bridge on your right

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf