Author Topic: Seat Belts in Turkey  (Read 2478 times)

Offline mstocker

Seat Belts in Turkey
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 20:52:47 PM »
Hi Karennina

Yes my cousins husband died in Calis at the weekend ( He was turkish ) and not wearing a seat belt, of course went through window screen his brother too, who is critical in hospital.

I truly believe if they had there seat belts on they this would not be such a tragedy.It is so sad for those left behind.

I feel the police really need to clamp down on this but they really dont care and it is supposed to be the law. If Turkey do want to get into the EU certain things will definitley have to change.

Mandie

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Seat Belts in Turkey
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 21:06:42 PM »
I now ALWAYS wear my seatbelt.  I was in an accident when I was 15.  Wasn't wearing a belt.  This was in the late '60's.  I went through the windscreen with my head.  Broke and fractured my cheekbone.  Broke my nose.  Dislocated my jaw.  Then later I had detached retinas and had to have 6 eye ops in Moorfields, London.

Offline mstocker

Seat Belts in Turkey
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 21:25:28 PM »
Oh my god, how awful!!! Glad you managed to live to tell the tale

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Seat Belts in Turkey
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 23:00:29 PM »
Yes of course you should wear them if you value your life you should not have to have a law telling you that .and who's going to listen to the toy town police out there they are a joke ,i was stopped for not wearing a helmet on scooter by two cops on motor bike not wearing helmets ,also have a look at cops in cars how many wear belts ,so if its the law lets start with them.

lance

quote:
Originally posted by Milly Molly

Hi

Is it the law to wear seat belts in Turkey. I always wear them when I am in Calis but not all the locals seem to belt up.

I have heard it is law, but the police dont seem to care!!

I feel they really need to enforce this law due to a bereavement our family have had in Tukey at the weekend and the crazy way some people drive.

Milly Molly Mandie

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Seat Belts in Turkey
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 23:52:52 PM »
Sorry to hear that Mandie

Offline buddy

Seat Belts in Turkey
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 12:01:26 PM »
Hi Mandie really sorry to hear about your family tragedy. Is this in connection to Murat from the U2 as we were in there on Sunday night and he was telling us about avery similar accident in his family. Totaly agree with your views on seatbelts, such a pity so many lives need to be lost, before action is taken.

Offline Milly Molly

Seat Belts in Turkey
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 12:44:10 PM »
Hi Buddy,

Yes the same tragedy. It is Murats cousin Mutlu who is mariied or was married to my cousin.

The whole family are devasted. My cousin has heard nothing from the police and has not seen any report at all.

I feel my cousin who is obviously English will be on a mission to campaign for seat belts to be worn.

We have a friend who knows the Mayor of Fethiye, you never know he might help the campaign.

Mandie

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Seat Belts in Turkey
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 12:58:43 PM »
Yes this is a very sad story.  So much needs to be done to make Turkish roads and driving safer.  At the very least the traffic police need to enforce the rules.  To be a UK driver here leaves you gobsmacked at what goes on and there seems no fear of being caught.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf