Author Topic: Mobile Phone Found  (Read 1482 times)

Offline kismetbar

Mobile Phone Found
« on: June 27, 2008, 18:37:48 PM »
One of our customers has found a mobile phone on Calis seafront and has passed it on to us. Does anybody know of anyone who has lost one? Standard Nokia and obviously someone UK based as all the numbers, albeit a few, are UK mobiles. Have tried to contact some of the numbers but to no avail. Thanks you peoples!

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Mobile Phone Found
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 11:54:50 AM »
 :) Well done boys  :) Hope the owner will get to hear of this thread  :)

I left my moby in the UK on one trip  :-\ what a hassle buying new one & getting a friend to text me the numbers I needed etc  8)

Offline maggie

Mobile Phone Found
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 12:24:33 PM »
yes very  well done, what a kind thing to do!

Offline Jenny1

Mobile Phone Found
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 13:42:57 PM »
This is such an honest thing to do, this is wat Turkey is all about. I tell people stories like this all the time.
My daughter and I were on holiday in Kalkan 4 years ago, she lost a bag with a quite expensive mobile phone, about £50 in Lira and £20 in english. We went back to the restaurant the following day to ask if they had found it?
It ended up, the man from the restaurant knew where we were staying as we had spoken earlier,  he had returned it to our hotel and it was behind the pool bar waiting for us, eveything intact!
You would never get that in the UK! You would probably find the bag, (if you were lucky), empty of its contents, shoved in some toilet cistern or bin?? (this happened to me in Mcr one night).
Stories like this are just "TURKIYE"!!!
And also one of the reasons we return time and time again,:D:D

Offline maggie

Mobile Phone Found
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 13:59:37 PM »
I think there are honest people all over the world, thankfully! My daughter dropped her phone in a taxi in France, she realised what she had done and rang the phone. The taxi driver answered and said he would send it to her in England. We didn't hold out much hope as it was an expensive mobile, but a few weeks later it arrived, he had even put it in a little protective case for her!!

Offline Jenny1

Mobile Phone Found
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 14:30:11 PM »
Thats a lovely story Maggie, people wonder why we want to move abroad!! :)

Offline kismetbar

Mobile Phone Found
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 15:40:05 PM »
Had an email and think we have located the owner. His brother is coming in later to pick it up! Honesty is everything!! I like to think I'm a nice guy .... and pretty good-looking as well !!!!!
Shut up laughing Laffa!!!!

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
Mobile Phone Found
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 17:19:47 PM »
Posted - 29 Jun 2008 :  13:59:37      
I think there are honest people all over the world.

And in England to.
A South American tourist walked into my office in Covent Garden to report her lost bag,
It contained £2000 plus Dollars and credit cards, we reported it to the police and assisted
her in canceling her cards, two hours later it was handed in to the office intact and I had the pleasure of taking it to her at her Hotel. 8)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Mobile Phone Found
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 19:35:16 PM »
[8)] There are even honest people in Somerset :D

A few years ago my evening bag fell off my lap into the road as I shuting the car door, I didn't realise this until I arrived at my destination  :o, after a few choice words (with myself  :-\) I went to the Police station to report the loss.  I was quite upset as the bag had about £50.00 in cash, a gold Dunhill lighter and not least, important items of make-up! (what's a girl to do without her favourite lippy  :o)

A very kind person had seen me drive off, then saw my bag in the road & took it to the cop shop  :)[^]  Sadly didn't leave a name or any contacts details :( Big Thank you [^] :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf