Author Topic: Cancellation  (Read 1349 times)

Offline ronzk1

Cancellation
« on: October 19, 2008, 16:57:32 PM »
just a word of warning re a situation my wife and I were subject to last night. We were booked on an Onur air flight to glasgow at 4am. We arrived at the airport and queued for approx 1 hour.  We finally got to the check in and were informed that my wifes seat had been cancelled. This was because apparently my wife did not use her ticket on the way out. Originally she was coming over for a week herself on 21st sept, coming home and then coming back out with myself for a week on 12th oct. After we had paid for both sets of tickets we decided she should stay the full month. When I checked in at Glasgow on 12th I told the girl at check in that my wife was not travelling as she was already over here,but that she was coming back home on her ticket. I was told that there was no problem. Until last night!! Onur air told us that as she had not used the seat on the way out they cancelled on her behalf and sold the seat on. As the plane was full I had no choice to stay behind with her. They could not wait to see if I was staying with her so they could sell my seat too!!! Luckily we have a house here and we could come back and open up again, though it cost me 110 lira for a taxi. The earliest flights home this week are on thursday into Teeside. The airlines should not be allowed to do this.
The only saving grace is another 4 days in Paradise!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf