Author Topic: Underground Caves and Waterfalls  (Read 1610 times)

Offline snowtop

Underground Caves and Waterfalls
« on: August 06, 2009, 16:12:11 PM »
Can any one tell us nearest one to fethiye please? Planning a day out with the family, they went to sakklekent last year and we are looking for something similiar closer to home. Any info is gratefully recieved any appreciated, ta.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 18:48:32 PM »
Do you mean Gorges and rivers? I was not aware of a waterfall at saklikent,unless we never walked far enough up the gorge.There is a waterfall of sorts at Antalya,but not on the doorstop.There is also a large gorge at AKKAYA Park, close to Dalaman,thats pretty close.Thay do small boat trips as well.Very pretty.Have a look on www.akkayagarden.com good luck

Offline Rustythecat

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 19:06:35 PM »
There is a water fall near Koycegiz we went to along the north shore of the lake and sign posted in the area.  Quite a nice walk to.

Rusty

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 19:24:24 PM »
Yes, there is a waterfall at Saklikent but very few people make it that deep into the gorge. The gorge is about 18 kilometres deep and most tourists and even hardy gorge walkers only venture about 5 - 6 kilometres in.

In the summer the waterfall's reduced to a trickle and in the winter and spring months there's so much water flowing through the gorge that it's impossible to reach. There are just a few weeks of the year when it's safe enough to get all the way through and worthwhile seeing.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 19:28:48 PM by KKOB »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf