Author Topic: All inclusive hotels  (Read 3112 times)

Offline cheers

All inclusive hotels
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 19:13:10 PM »
Went AI in Ichmeler a few years ago, it was our first holiday in Turkey so we didn't know what to expect but thought if we took the same spending money as normal we would be covered for every eventuality. Glad we did as it was a small hotel and over half of the hotel was Russian.  The food was the same every day and we were not on their time wavelength so only eat there once in the afternoon.
Although the majority of the people there complained of the lack of choice on the menu and the bullying Russians they had the opinion that they had paid for it so they were going to stick it out until the end! even though the drinks were watered down and the local spirits were of a very low alcoholic content.
Glad we took our own spending money as we had a brilliant time outside the hotel and would recommend a holiday there to anyone but we have now lost our hearts to Calis!!!!!!!!!!!

;) ;) ;)

Offline scottishcouple

All inclusive hotels
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 21:20:11 PM »
Hi, we quite often stay in all inclusive hotels, but we don't just choose them because of this, usually it's because the price isn't much more that staying in decent accomodation without the AI facility. But we always just use it as a base, by that I mean that we still eat/drink out locally. We wouldn't dream of just spending a week in the hotel. We always go AI to Sharm el Sheik just before Christmas, I think it's the best way to holiday in Sharm, but we still spend money locally in Namma Bay. It's funny that a member mentioned Can Pastilla, we were there in May (not AI) and we are going back next week again not AI. We didn't think it was quiet and we found a lovely place to stay right on the beach,very like the Hotel Delta in Calis but much cheaper. I agree with other members that say for some families it means they don't have to worry about not having enough money to last them,it could be the difference between them going abroad or not. But also someone I work with took there husband and 3 kids to Kusadasi AI and never left the hotel, I was shocked at that as money wasn't a problem for them..... :-\

Offline johntaylor49

All inclusive hotels
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 10:24:55 AM »
Perhaps part of the problem is that with limited local employmeny opportunities in Holiday destinations everyone is fighting for a buck from the Tourist and there are more fighters than bucks available!

Having just returned from 14 days I must say I was surprised it was quite a bit more expensive than I thought it would be! Is this because people are raising prices as there is less bucks available? Food at the Fish Market is reasonable and excellent, and I love Pasha Kebab, but I felt everywhere charged a big margin on Local Wine, (why?) and drinks in the Hotels definitely high because the measures are smaller! I make cocktails at home, in expensive UK, and they don't cost 6 Lira to make let alone between 12 to 18 as I had seen advertised! seems great for beer drinkers but not anything else! My Local charges me less than 22 Lira for a bottle of decent Australian wine so how come Pasha Kebab wanted 25 and my Hotel 30 for local wine?

I actually prefer to go out at night and eat and drink at different places but the AI becomes very attractive if you get a good deal if, like us, you like to be out fairly early aftr breakfast, light snack if at all at lunch. We spent most of our Holiday travelling, Tlos, Sahklikent, Kas, The mountains where I came close to death in a landlside, (that was fun!), etc. etc. but could easily get back to the Hotel for dinner. There is no doubt it waould have cost me less overall if I had gone AI!

Perhaps the local business need to work together a bit more to help them be more competitive on Alchohol pricing particularly! I will definitely be back, but will look at AI for next year as well.

JT

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
All inclusive hotels
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 21:16:04 PM »
having read all that the tuesday market in fethiye has never been so busy. so maybe its a case of if you got what people want!!

Offline Jenny1

All inclusive hotels
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 09:28:50 AM »
I wouldn't dream of going AI to Turkey, it's so reasonable to eat out, and I like to jump on a dolmus and see where I end up, so eat at lot's of different places.
I would however, think of AI if going to Europe, Egypt etc.

Offline Zappa

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 17:54:34 PM »
I was happy to pay fethiyeairporttransfers.com 35 quid each way.  5am Dalman pick-up,flight was 45 mins late, gave us time to have a smoke without complaint (he didn't smoke)4 people in an aircon 6-seater frezing water provided. Tipped him a £5 each way. More than pleased and I am a tight barsteward!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf