Author Topic: be aware ON THE BEACH  (Read 1572 times)

Offline jfm

be aware ON THE BEACH
« on: January 15, 2010, 23:55:23 PM »
booked 7 seats with on the beach  22 march 1 week £56 each then £36 each for luggage what a joke,but still still cheap,got email saying confirm within 48 hours,1 and half after the 48 hours guess what the saets had gone up to £156 plus £36 luggage,looking at some forums they are doing this a lot shysters,do you think i would have any claim against them because they went over the 48 hours,so if you are thinking about booking with them be wary and remember the extra £36 pounds for luggage
jimmy

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
be aware ON THE BEACH
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 13:22:53 PM »
You could phone consumer direct (think thats what they are called) and ask their advice, I had to phone them yesterday about flight advice and they were really helpful, if you want their number you can email me and I will send it to you. They will tell you wether they think you have a case for a claim.

Offline jfm

be aware ON THE BEACH
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 14:01:24 PM »
thanks karennina,i will try that

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
be aware ON THE BEACH
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 17:18:30 PM »
Did you actually pay after booking? If not then I guess they hold all the cards.

Sound like shysters though.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
be aware ON THE BEACH
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 17:29:26 PM »
Just checked them out :

Every care is taken to ensure our online systems are up to date and correct. Please be aware however that as we use third party data, there may be occasions where the prices we show are incorrect or inaccurate. Please accept our apologies for any accidental misrepresentations on this website or other affiliated sites.

That's Ok then:(
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 17:29:52 PM by stoop »

Offline Chinook

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 18:01:14 PM »
quote:
Please accept our apologies for any accidental misrepresentations

Didn't think there was such a thing as accidental misrepresentation. Innocent yes but even that can give rise to a claim for damages or honouring of the contract.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 18:01:39 PM by Chinook »

Offline villajadore

be aware ON THE BEACH
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 21:41:47 PM »
We have tried to book with them several times having seen very good priced flights on their internet site. You book and then they contact you and say the flights are no longer available and offer you a flight that is available at a much higher price!!  They have however never taken the money from our credit card for the flights that are not available.  It is worth ringing them instead of booking on line as they are able to tell you if what is showing on line is still available.  Also find the same with charterflights.co.uk

Offline jfm

be aware ON THE BEACH
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 20:22:32 PM »
thanks for replies,yes i did pay after the booking but when they rang me back they said they would cancel the booking and payment,still going to get in touch with consumer direct and trading standards and just annoy them as much as i can,i knew i was taking a chance because i booked with them 4 years ago very cheap all inclusive for 8 days then they said the flight was brought forward 1 day so i emailed them telling them i had booked return flight with other airline so i did not want flight home but anted the 8 days ,at the hotel explained and they said no proble but guess what i had to pay extra day a/i all i can say be careful with them
jimmy

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf