Author Topic: Airport Angel  (Read 2244 times)

Offline julesbob0303

Airport Angel
« on: February 06, 2010, 16:34:39 PM »
Is anyone a member of the Airport Angel scheme?  It gives you access to over 300 airport lounges.  We have the chance of joining, and it would give us 6 free visits a year.  Just wondered if it's worth our while!  Would cost us about £100 a year (so not actually "free").

How much is it normally to wait in the airport lounge, and what are the facilities like (particularly at Dalaman - where the normal airport facilities are crap!)

Thought it might be nice to have somewhere comfortable to wait, especially if you can have free snacks/drinks/newspapers/internet use etc.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 16:35:28 PM by julesbob0303 »

Offline littlereddevil

Airport Angel
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 18:08:43 PM »
I think lounges are normally from about £15 a head. The Dalaman one is real crap as they don't have alcoholic drinks included. Most lounges include alcohol. Some have nice snacks,some only have biscuits. Have a look at Priority pass also, not sure if that is any cheaper.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Airport Angel
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 18:28:44 PM »
We have used the lounge in Dalaman and it works out cheaper than buying a meal in the airport.  There is a buffet and free soft drinks and T.V. plus a smoking room.  The chairs are comfy and there is internet access.  If alcohol is a priorty, you will not get it free, but it did not bother us.  We did not see any hot food and just asked and they brought us Chicken Burgers and chips.   Heathrow has a very good lounge, with help yourself hot meals and snacks, free paper, free alcohol.  It's a huge place, well worth visiting if you have a free pass.

Offline kariaapartments

Airport Angel
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 22:05:01 PM »
I have airport angel through my bank. Used it for the first time last month. Manchester was great, arrived 06:00 had breakfast and copious amounts of coffee. Help yourself free bar (optics on wall and fridges full of beer. Very chilled experience and would def use again. Dalaman not as good but free coffee, food, etc and 10 times better than staying in the terminal. Normal cost Manchester £17.50 - £25.00. Dalaman 42 lira. Would grab it with both hands!

Offline julesbob0303

Airport Angel
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 23:34:29 PM »
Steve, is that through Barclays bank?  We can arrange it through Barclays for about £9 a month.

How does it work (the small print goes on and on!).  If we have 6 free visits a year, would that only cover me, hubby and daughter for one holiday (outward and return)?  What is the additional cost per person when you have used up your free allowance?

Thanks for your help.   :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 23:36:07 PM by julesbob0303 »

Offline kariaapartments

Airport Angel
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 11:43:12 AM »
Me and her indoors have a joint account so we have six visits, between us. each lounge is classed as one visit so me and San would take up 2 visits. After that or is you wish to take additional guests it is £15 per person. That said last month I took a elderly lady in the Dalaman lounge and they didn't charge me extra, saying that I was allowed guests. The process is simple. You sign up with a username and password (Barclays will give you the details)and access your account. You can then manage any bookings. On the day you turn up with your card and your in. Another chap that was in the Dalaman lounge told me that last year he was delayed for 8 hours. He was in relative luxury with free food and drinks, TV internet, etc whilst others on his flight had spent over £100? If you can afford it I wouldn't hesitate.

Steve

Offline marytheresa

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 09:07:23 AM »
What are the lounges like at gatwick airport?  :)

cheers

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf