Author Topic: The Orams - where do they go Now?  (Read 3912 times)

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
The Orams - where do they go Now?
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 15:00:16 PM »
I thought degsy ? the old rebel scouse council bloke was building / developing on cyprus. people spend more time and effort on buying clothes than they do on anything finacial be it houses or pensions etc. and only when that certain matter hits the fan do they realise the costly mistake, of doing it on the cheap. when people think that an estate agent might make 6 or more grand out of their purchase they think the guy must be loaded and don't consider the amount of fruitless days he has shown people round without a sale at his cost never mind the cost of call etc or isn't he or his family suposed to eat on those days.(could be a she just as well before I get PC police after me):D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 15:01:25 PM by c1 »

Offline mikew

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 13:57:58 PM »
The judgement in this case calls for the immediate demolition of the villa. The only minor problem with this is that you require an order from the Northern Cyprus Government giving consent for the demolition before it can  take place. Will they get it is anybodies guess.

Offline yasemin3

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 22:09:12 PM »
The Orams should just keep enjoying their villa until authorities in Northern Cyprus tell them otherwise. They bought it according to the law of that land and although the past is very messy there, there were plenty of Turkish families who also had to flee to Northern Cyprus, leaving all their worldy goods and land. They will also never be compensated although there was two sides to the story; You never really hear anyone talking about that though.

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Like others we did consider for a very short time buying in Northern Cyprus but decided against it very quickly due to the political and moral issues.

This couple must be living on their nerves continually not living the dream.

See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8467478.stm

The end of the article states: It means the original decision, ordering the immediate demolition of the villa, pool and fencing, stands.

What a mess for so many people - not sure though how to judge their predicament???

Ian

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf