Author Topic: Looking for a home...  (Read 2528 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Looking for a home...
« on: June 19, 2010, 09:45:38 AM »

Chris found this dog in Uzumlu just outside the village on the school road by a bin.  It couldn't use it's front leg and his fur was completely matted and thick with sticky bobs.

We took him down to Kents vet on Saturday 4th June.  The vet took a couple of x-rays and told us that the leg was broken and that it had been that way for a very long time.  He recommended that the front leg be amputated.  We agreed with him and also had his fur shaved off in order to get rid of all the matts.  (All the bills have been paid)

We picked him up the next day and were told to keep the collar on for 7 days and to look after him for 10 days.  He made a speedy recovery and we hope the ampuation is a fresh start for him and that in his new state he finds a nice new home.  His mobility is great now.

We know absolutely nothing about where this dog came from - we certainly hadn't seen him around before.  When we bought him home for the first time his ears certainly pricked up when we got close close to Uzumlu but this might have just been coincidence.  He is male - we would say house trained - not frightened of being in the car - regained his appetite after the operation very quickly and within a couple of days would take food from your hand.  He was very gentle and good with Harley and Sally and another stray dog that drops in from time to time.  To be honest if we didn't already have a dog we would have kept him on.

We took him to the Animal Shelter late yesterday afternoon and spoke to the vet there and explained that we had found him in Uzumlu and hoped they could re-home him.  Chris did emphasise that we didn't want him put down (We'd rather put him back by the bin in Uzumlu and let him take his chances), and that we would give you details of the dog to see if advertising his plight might help to find new owners.

The vet at the Animal Shelter also said that he would check whether he had been castrated or not.

This poor dog is now at the shelter, if anyone has a caring home for him please contact me through my profile.

Andy

« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 09:57:23 AM by tinkerman »

Offline june

Looking for a home...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 16:54:04 PM »
Oh bless the poor little darling.....makes me want to weep you know.

I hope some lovely kind person can offer him the good home he deserves...

Offline Kazzie

Looking for a home...
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 22:16:40 PM »
oh poor little thing wish i lived there just so i could take him. really hope he gets a new home.

Offline Julesp

Looking for a home...
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 22:53:00 PM »
Im very tempted but already have 2 dogs, 4 hens and a cockeral. Why would the vet have to check or verify if hes been castrated surely it would be obvious!! Seriously if this dog hasnt got a home before he gets turfed out of dogs home I would be maybe swayed to let him join my menagerie,but hope he finds home first with people who can give him more me time, ps Any idea how old he is?

Offline terrie

Looking for a home...
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 05:49:14 AM »
Have emailed the people that looked after him to find out Triypod age.
I am sure the vets said he was about 4 years old,
Can i also just say that Triypod will not be turfed out of the shelter but would be great if we could get him a new home.
Terrie
Animal Aid.

Offline terrie

Looking for a home...
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 09:58:12 AM »
Triypod is still looking for a home,
he gets around really well on his 3 legs.
We would really love someone to make his life complete
maybe you know someone that could help Triypod.
He is still at the animal shelter why not pay him a visit or contact animal aid, we are more then happy to take you to see him.
Thank you .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf