Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 1332 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Facebook
« on: July 01, 2010, 10:57:12 AM »
Can someone help me out here dont want put foot in it but i have picture of a friend on my facebook and underneath it it says do i want to poke her er what does that mean i know one meaning ,also i have come up on my screen saver a picture of a friend i must have been fiddling with it and now cant get rid of it help please keep it clean .:D:D ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Facebook
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 11:13:07 AM »
First of all don't 'fiddle ' with your friends! You won't have many for long!

Poking your friend on FB is OK - it just means you are giving them a little nudge.

To change your screensaver go to:

Start
Control Panel
Display
Screensaver

Then use the drop down menu to change your picture.

I think though that it might be your desktop picture that you are referring to - in that case click on 'desktop' instead of 'screensaver' and change the picture in the same way - or browse for another one on your computer.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:15:29 AM by stoop »

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 13:54:26 PM »
LOL @ Lance. Are you for real????????
I have a nother meaning for poke............as in bag.
e.g Do you want a poke of chips, a poke of cheese & onion crisps, a poke of sherbet lemons? As we say in Scotia land!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 14:34:36 PM »
My Mum always used to refer to a poke of ice cream and also a poke of chips and she came from Liverpool.
Re Facebook I joined to sign a petition for the Dolphins and have to admit I am a Facebook Virgin,but I am learning as I go along but still unsure about people asking for flowers for their gardens and sending them things for buildings!!

Offline tiddly winks

Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 22:01:02 PM »
Ok Lance, only poke a friend if they have a good sense of humour and know you really well. If they do then you may get in a poke war which can last a loong time!
But it isn't compulsory to poke people on FB, I've found it's mostly the older people that do it - most around my age don't bother.

Jacqui, you can only send flowers and that kinda thing if your a part of these things like Farmville, Cafe World etc.
Unless you want to join in with that, then just click ignore.

Any other FB questions? :D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 22:10:04 PM »
Yes, why do so many people I don't know want to be my friend?

Offline tiddly winks

Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 23:10:47 PM »
Now that is one of the difficult ones. Maybe through a mutual friend so they have more friends, despite having never met you. People can be lame like that.
If it's a really foreign name then god knows how they find you because I certainly do not know the answer to that.

Offline cheers

Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 01:10:00 AM »
In the last few months I have had to learn about Facebook very, very quickly!!  It is a "SOCIAL NETWORKING" site!  IT REACHES ALL AROUND THE WORLD! You can send numerous gifts, flowers, requests for whatever and send them to anybody you want to, they never receive the actual thing but the thought is there!  You do not have to be a part of Farmville or any of that to be able to take part.  It has been set up so that you can instantly chat with any of the people you have invited to be your 'Friend' (It's nowhere near as good as a phone call but better than a text) it also keeps you on the page! You can spend hours building a farm or an aquarium or a zoo or any of those things to pass away some idle time.  For one particular campaign close to any member of CBF's hearts the benefits and rewards have been immense!!  Without the help of Facebook the plight of Misha & Tom would not have spread WORLDWIDE - FOR ME THIS IS THE MAIN BENEFIT OF FACEBOOK - through just one post to a friend, who passes it on to a friend, who passes it on to a friend etc.......... information can be passed on!  You just basically 'MESS' with it and find what you want to take part in and what you don't!
Like some things on it, others I just ignore!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf