Author Topic: Onur air and Dalaman airport review  (Read 1263 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Onur air and Dalaman airport review
« on: July 06, 2010, 11:16:06 AM »
Well I said I would review my flight with Onur - having been a little wary of them all these years.

Checking in:

A bit of a nightmare. We got to Manchester 3hrs 15 mins before departure and the queues were horrendous. We had 4 lines to choose form (of course we chose the one with Mr Chatty on the desk and he took all day to process people). We did get seats together though (only 2 of us) so not paying the extra was a good move. 15kg was a bit new to us though and I think I had fewer clothes this time and the wife had about the same as normal ;)

Queues through security were terrible and again we were ushered into the slowest one:(

The Flight:

Boarding was fine and done in row order - as it should be in my opinion.

Seats were very thin on the Airbus A321. I had a particularly bad one and could feel the metal bar across the base of my back. Leg room not that good and certainly no better than FTC. Felt a little cramped but then our last flight was with Emirates long haul so I might be spoiled.

Crew:

OK - got a few smiles along the way and they certainly came round with the trolley a few times. We splashed out on a can of beer - no dearer than other airlines but still a rip off. It was the start of my hols though :) Maggie was upset they had no Snickers left though (we were only in row 3).

The Flight:

No problems. Good flight and arrived on time. A little bit of turbulence at the start but this can happen with anyone. Felt pretty safe. All safety messages done by video.

Dalaman Airport:

Arrival was a doddle - 4-15pm and really quiet. I think we were the only plane landing. No queues anywhere. Outside we liked the new idea of having to walk down the ramp to find your transfers. Much better organised.

Coming back:

We noticed that most of the bars have re-opened but the prices are still horrendous. We paid 10ytl for 2 small cups of tea but we had not been to bed and it was 5am so what the hell :)

Queues at check in were again bad and we saw one family pay £100 baggage excess. Of course we were in their queue:( Again we got seats together :)

Boarding was chaos as not by row numbers - just children first and then a free for all.

Flight on time and OK - seats a little better but still cramped.

Summary:

We would fly with them again but they would not be our first choice by any means. Not really that much cheaper and to be honest we both agreed that even an extra £50 would be worth it to fly with another carrier.

:)

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 20:29:53 PM »
Thanks for the info Stoop - being of ample proportions it's useful to know which flights are cramped etc and as for the queues - rotten way to start a hol isn't it.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 19:30:24 PM »
we flew back today with onur great flight on time no problems and 3 seats each

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf