Author Topic: Record sales at today's car boot sale  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Pi55y

Record sales at today's car boot sale
« on: September 26, 2010, 14:56:09 PM »
The Calis Carnival Committee would like to thank everyone who donated to, or bought from, our  committee stall at todays boot fair.  We raised a record sum of 1,268 lira from the sale of donated items and  every lira of this will go  towards helping local needy children.It was a great start to our 2011 fundraising year.

Because of these record sales we are now running short of items to sell at our next sale.  If anyone is having a clearout and has any unwanted household items, clothing, books, bric-a-brac etc which they would like to donate to help raise money for the children please contact me through my profile and we will arrange to collect.

Thank you :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 15:44:01 PM »
New car soon then :D

Sorry  8)

Well done to all involved!

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 15:55:19 PM »
Big congrats to all, well done, Calis Carnival Committee, & a huge 'UP YOURS' to all the doubters out there . YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!! [:(!][:(!]
Gordy.& LOZ.

Offline posleeds

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 15:56:00 PM »
Well done!
It was the first time I had been to one of the Calis Car Boot sales-thoroughly enjoyed it.
Roll on next month!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 16:13:21 PM »
We are also short of mens clothing. I know that you lot don't like to part with you old clothes till the months eat them or they disintegrate but we would be very grateful.. and no you don't need those T.shirts for gardening anymore or diy because you never do any now!! We also need large sizes of clothes of either sex. Thank you

Offline simpsons

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 17:32:09 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by posleeds

Well done!
It was the first time I had been to one of the Calis Car Boot sales-thoroughly enjoyed it.
Roll on next month!

Same here. Spend a fortune, and got some great bargains. Well done and see you next month

Offline Julesp

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 22:15:02 PM »
Well done Hope the rest of the season goes as well Always said you will need a bigger venue soon In fact Im sure you could sell more stalls if you had the room My turk friends have had stalls before and  would like to come again but say its sold out before they get up
 8)

Also I had my fingers crossed all day that the promised rain didnt arrive, Turned out nice in the end :D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 22:21:22 PM by Julesp »

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 22:49:01 PM »
Also I forgot to add that we had six charity stalls there today collecting for their specfic charities. We know from Tinkerman's posting that Animal Aid did well raising a great 700 lira for the animals. Other charities included FIG AND Mavi Kus and I am sure they all had a good day as  well. A big thanks to everyone for supporting the event and helping them all to raise money for their causes :D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 22:50:33 PM by Pi55y »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf