Author Topic: Security Bars  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Rayza

Security Bars
« on: February 21, 2011, 18:51:39 PM »
Hi All.

We are looking to have security bars fitted to our 3 bedroom apartment when we are out in April. We have two standard size balcony doors, and six standard size windows. Can anyone recommend a good company to make and fit these, and as a guide how much can we expect to pay.
Any advice much appreciated.

Offline posleeds

Security Bars
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 21:30:23 PM »
Do a search for security ironwork / bars...
I put a recommendation on in Nov last year...
This was for 3 patio doors & 7 windows.....haggle down the price - 1600TL  but I think we got Turkish prices not English prices :P
Good Luck!

"We have just had some security ironwork fitted to all the windows & doors.

Measured up on the Tuesday & fitted on the Saturday (I know it's out of season now-so possibly why so quick).
Hasan, who made & fitted them did a brilliant job - we drew what we wanted - he made them spot on & considerably cheaper than other quotes we had. He also has the usual ironwork catalogue to look at for design ideas.

Hasan Dalver can be contacted on 0535 4388344 (his English is virtually non-existant) or his little workshop can be found almost opposite the Aydem Electric Office -(from the Gunlukbasi Road-turn left at the Otogar - Hasan's workshop is the second ironwork place on the right hand side if heading towards the Aydem office)."

Offline SteveJ

Security Bars
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 16:14:29 PM »
Rayza,

Make sure that your design includes a horizontal strut as near to the top as pratical. A villa near us was broken into by bending three vertical bars downwards until there was enough room to squeeze a small child through who then goes and opens a door to allow the adult thieves in. Their bars had a horizontal strut about 10 inches from the top which was enough to allow them to gain access by this method.  I supose that the same can apply to the bottom of the bars as well.

Regards,  SteveJ

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf