Author Topic: Check in on line.  (Read 2969 times)

Offline ukchris

Check in on line.
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 17:25:44 PM »
Last year our flight dalaman to manchester was with jet2 who offered check-in online. this was cheaper than check-in desk service by £12. I didn't do the online check-in and when we got to the airport, everyone had to queue as they didn't have the bag drop facility ! i could have saved £12 and still had to have queued up

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Check in on line.
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 17:44:50 PM »
As I live fairly close to Glasgow Airport I took a look in to check it out.
When I was in there were no Jet2 flights scheduled but I saw that other operators marked a check in desk on the monitor as 'bag drop off' leaving the others for the same flight as normal 'check in'.
Probably should have called in personally sooner.
Why am I worrying???
I'm going on holiday and got time to spare.

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Check in on line.
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 09:44:32 AM »
The only advantage to checking in on line is if you have no hold luggage.
Glasgow and Faro had dedicated bag drops but as an earlier poster said so many people check in on line there are inevitably queues.
The process was no quicker than normal check in.
On the plus side there was the largest amount of leg room on any charter flight I have ever been on.

Offline Dizzi

Check in on line.
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 12:44:28 PM »
I am off to H next week and have been offered to check in online with TC.  I've never done this before, and am just thinking what if my case (one between 2 of us)is over weight, how do they check it?  I know TC are quite strict and charge for everything.  

Can't see the point really if it means you still have to queue as well :-(  Don't know what to do now??

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Check in on line.
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 13:50:20 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by John H

The only advantage to checking in on line is if you have no hold luggage.

Well in fairness another advantage is (with Jet2 anyway) that it is cheaper too. Agree with you on legroom though - for most FTC flights I have to decide whether to wedge my knees in straight or angled, whereas on Jet2 there are several inches between knee and seat in front.

Offline starman™

Check in on line.
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 14:30:02 PM »
I use online check in all the time. Mainly to get the seat that I want and not end up being back of the bus. I also use seatguru.com to check where the worst seats are and avoid them.
Never heard of paying to check in. Is that a common thing with these cheap airlines now?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf