Author Topic: tapu  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
tapu
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 14:23:22 PM »
I wouldn't say that Norm. You can prove you bought the property but you'll have to wait till the dispute between the landowner and Nicholas Homes is sorted - one way or another. It is easy to see it from the landowner's point of view - Nicholas have been paid for 20 apartments that couldn't have been built without his land, and he hasn't got his agreed share. He'll be in no rush to sign over ownership of his land.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
tapu
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 15:02:45 PM »
`If the builder couldn't sell the homes till he owned the land he was building on, this sort of thing couldn't happen.  {A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}44527&SearchTerms=tapu

Normbosh, I hope it all works out for you in the end.

Offline normbosh

tapu
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 18:53:09 PM »
thanks rindaloo, i have heard of this in didam same thing landowner not getting his money,ITV got involed, whent to court was on HOMES FROM HELL
landowner chaged locks, court orderd landowner to give tapu to leagle byers, and sort out money problems between them selfs

Offline peecee

tapu
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 20:01:32 PM »
lets hope the same thing happens for you, normbush.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
tapu
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 20:50:09 PM »
Yes I agree, it is the sensible and correct legal solution for the property buyers (but not for the landowner but that's his problem with Nicholas). Once again it is so frustrating because this is not a problem that someone like Einstein needs to fathom a solution to, a system that eradicates this and nearly all other purchasing problems could be worked out within half an hour.

It is a total outrage that a developer has sold out an entire project of 20 properties (at an uneducated guess of an average selling price of £65k per apartment they have received £1.3 million pounds for this project alone) and not paid the landowner - causing 20 legitimate and trusting buyers to have no ownership of anything in return for their honestly paid thousands.

Offline kizkucuk

tapu
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 10:39:23 AM »
Try using the search option - there is an old thread about problems with Nicholas Homes and I also remember reading a really long one on TLF I think - it might help if you know how/if others have managed to resolve no tapu issues with the same company.  A google search might throw some information up.   There have been rumours of financial problems for at least the last 2 years - but they are still in business so they may just be rumours.  Good luck with getting it sorted - you defintitely need a lawyer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf