Author Topic: Renting  (Read 1588 times)

Offline johntaylor49

Renting
« on: August 06, 2011, 10:46:24 AM »
Anyone renting long term rather than buying? How easy is it to do that and are rents steadingly increasing?

JT

Offline kizkucuk

Renting
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 12:25:46 PM »
Me - I've been in my apartment for 2 years so far.  The rent has gone up a little bit but not much and my landlord is happy to discount it if I pay a year in advance.    It's easier to get an unfurnished rental than a furnished this time of year.  People who have furniture are usually making their money from the holiday markets.  If you rent through an agent expect to pay one months rent as commission - otherwise drive or walk around the area you are interested in and ring the numbers on signs in windows of places you like the look of.

Offline johntaylor49

Renting
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 09:57:22 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kizkucuk

Me - I've been in my apartment for 2 years so far.  The rent has gone up a little bit but not much and my landlord is happy to discount it if I pay a year in advance.    It's easier to get an unfurnished rental than a furnished this time of year.  People who have furniture are usually making their money from the holiday markets.  If you rent through an agent expect to pay one months rent as commission - otherwise drive or walk around the area you are interested in and ring the numbers on signs in windows of places you like the look of.

Thank you so much, I am just a bit nervous about buying anywhere as it would be a chunk of the retirment savings so want to start with renting at first whatever we do. If we could get rental with at least one year in advance would be great.

I looked on some sites and there were some nice houses in places like Kemer, Uzumlu and pasrt of Calis/Fethiye for about YTL 400 - 600 pm

http://www.lol-classifieds.com/0/posts/2-Rental/8-Village-House/1015-Turkish-farmhouse-.html

JT

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf