Author Topic: No Drinkers in Calis ?  (Read 1441 times)

Offline maximumtom

No Drinkers in Calis ?
« on: September 10, 2011, 15:51:13 PM »
I have just returned to Calis after 7 weeeks in the UK. I went to Sok to buy some wine and Efes but, to my horror, they no longer sell alcohol. My surprise was compounded by the fact that I had not seen any reference to this on CBF - I did a search for Sok and one for alcohol with no results. Is this the thin end of the PM's wedge ?
I also had an unpleasant episode when cycling back from Fethiye along the prom by Boazici. Two lads (about 14 or 15) were coming towards me on an electric bike. As they passed, the one on the pillion spat at me.
I wheeled my bike and gave chase but, as they saw I was gaining, they pulled off the prom and disappeared. Welcome home Tom !

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
No Drinkers in Calis ?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 16:07:17 PM »
SOK has just been taken over by Yildiz Holdings who have a 'no alcohol' policy. Bottles have been gradually removed from shelves beginning on 1st August.

Offline Julesp

No Drinkers in Calis ?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 23:22:38 PM »
Yes Sok have been taken over by same company as BIM which is Muslim So they no longer sell it
 I have a new supermarket opened next door to me Tom They sell booze so you could call in while BiM shopping

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf