Author Topic: Apple Product Repairs - BEWARE!  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Sea Cruiser

Apple Product Repairs - BEWARE!
« on: December 06, 2011, 15:02:05 PM »
This may not be in the right area but after recent experiences of a failed Apple product - BEWARE.  Had to send Apple product back to the UK with a friend as there is NO Authorised Apple Service Centres in Turkey. I had to pre-declare a UK address for a box to be sent to from AppleCare, item returned to said address supposedly with full tracking facility but with three failed delivery attempts by UPS sub contractor. Item ultimately received via a friendly person delivering it from the UK to here, only to find it was not mine repaired as was expected. The replacement product then failed within 24 hours and had I to go through all the same process again with numerous tracking failures on the system. (A repaired item gets 90 days warranty). An absolute nightmare and still not received the second unit as yet. I need another friend to bring it from the UK address to Turkey as I cannot run the risk of having it mailed direct and finding out that Turkish customs in Izmir or Istanbul want a fortune for a repaired unit.  Absolutely disgraceful service from Apple. So what will you do with an Apple Ipad2 from Kipa in 12 months and 1 days time as Apple Warranty only limited to 12 months and no Authorised Service Centre in Turkey anyway!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 15:29:34 PM »
You can take out extended warranty - I have just extended my iPhone 4 warranty by 12 months for £55. However apple will not repair it anywhere but the country it was bought in. Not much good if you are in a different place!

Lots and lots of people having trouble with iPhone 4s. Very poor for something that costs so much.

Offline Sea Cruiser

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 10:29:52 AM »
Perhaps you missed my point.  There is NO Apple Authorised Repair Centre in Turkey!!  Even having an extended warranty.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 23:02:45 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sea Cruiser

Perhaps you missed my point.  There is NO Apple Authorised Repair Centre in Turkey!!  Even having an extended warranty.

No I didn't. Read it again!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf