Author Topic: Free Neutering programme  (Read 1704 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Free Neutering programme
« on: May 16, 2012, 08:04:05 AM »
Our scheme for free neutering for street animals has come to an end today, unfortunately the take up wasn't very good and we found ourselves having to go out collecting cats and dogs ourselves to get the numbers up, we will continue to help people where we can but there will be a small charge(yet to be decided) involved when collecting street animals for neutering to cover transport and veterinary costs.
We will of course be here for all emergencies and thanks to everyone who supported us and got all there local cats and dogs sorted.

Animal Aid ;)

Offline grizabella

Free Neutering programme
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 19:43:23 PM »
I know that this programme was advertised on the forum and by word of mouth but was any advertising done to encourage the Turkish population to use it?I was very grateful for the service and my Scardey Cat is doing really well now but dont think I will even get him in a cat box again!Thankyou once again Pauline for transporting him to and from the vet for me.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Free Neutering programme
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 20:02:32 PM »
it was also on the Animal Aid facebook which has many Turkish members, trouble is the Turkish people don't believe in neutering animals.

Offline screamlead

Free Neutering programme
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 05:14:34 AM »
Just out of interest whats it cost normally? I have 3 girls and 2 boys and seriously thinking of 'doing' them after three sleepless nights of boys trying to 'do' the in season girls. Nightmare keeping them apart and the whining and scrapping!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Free Neutering programme
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 07:19:53 AM »
Normally its 100-150 for a female and 100 for a male, if they are street cats you can get them done for 50 lira each at Pet Life this means they will have a small snip on the ear to signify they have been done.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 07:20:35 AM by tinkerman »

Offline grizabella

Free Neutering programme
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 08:28:19 AM »
Tell me about it Tinks!Took Recep long enough but now he understands the benefit of the neutering programme although he still feels its not 'natural'!The number of Turkish (men) I've spoken to who believe its not 'Allah's Will' to neuter animals is huge.I've had many an arguement with them about this subject.I'm sure it's not 'Allah's will' to cause unnecessary suffering to animals and this is the result of leaving street dogs and cats entire to spawn loads of kittens and puppies who inevitably end up either dying a slow painful death or catching numerous lethal infections like distemper and feline aids.
50 tl is not a bad price for this service but dont think many Turkish people will take you up on it especially when they didnt use the free service.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Free Neutering programme
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 15:24:22 PM »
I suppose my plans to set up a male vasectomy clinic will not make me a millionaire ?

Andy, the free programme coincided with us having guests here, we did take one cat, can we borrow the trap again when it is free.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Free Neutering programme
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 16:15:19 PM »
no problem Rimms will drop one round tomorrow

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf