Author Topic: Taking dogs back to UK  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Honest Joe

Taking dogs back to UK
« on: June 02, 2012, 09:32:51 AM »
Can anyone advvise me on the procedure for taking two dogs back to the UK. What paperwork is required? How do I go about advising the airline? Is it true that 2 adults will need to accompany the dogs - i.e. one per dog?

Any help or advice gratefully received ...

Offline cobbydalers

Taking dogs back to UK
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 09:45:34 AM »
Use the search facility plenty of info there

Offline Ray1951

Taking dogs back to UK
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »
I've just done all the stuff for my friends to take their dog back to the UK. The dog must have a pet passport and be chipped. Prior to going the vet has to take a blood test which is sent to Ankara. A few days before the dog is due to travel it has to be wormed and the details entered on the pet passport. The dog must travel on the same flight as the person taking the dog to the UK and it must be collected by that person in the UK on arrival. Whilst some vets will recommend Turkish Airline (why wouldn't they?) you can book with Thomas Cook via their agent in the UK (Ana Aviation), whom I have to say are most helpful. The cost for the dog I'm referring to was £544 (36k in weight) plus you have to buy the crate for the dog to travel in which must conform to specific standards (400YTL). You can contact lisa.Fitzpatric@ana-aviation.com    When the payment is made etc. she will e-mail the necessary documents required.  She is excellent.  Hope this helps.

Offline Honest Joe

Taking dogs back to UK
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 10:43:01 AM »
Many thanks Ray1951, a very useful summary.

I tried using the forum's Search facility but got totally bogged down in irrelevant issues. If anyone can point me to specific references to my query I would be very grateful ...

Offline mary2

Taking dogs back to UK
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 12:48:26 PM »
Hi there. have you tried Ladyhaye international pet travel agents in fethiye they seam very good. hope this helps good luck. Mary.

Offline mary2

Taking dogs back to UK
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 12:55:23 PM »
hi. Have you tried ladyhaye international pet travel agents.

Offline Honest Joe

Taking dogs back to UK
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 19:00:47 PM »
Mary2 - great feedback, thanks a lot!

Ray1951 - I emailed Lisa but the address is invalid. could you please check/confirm. Thanks.

Offline Honest Joe

Taking dogs back to UK
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 12:57:08 PM »
Ray1951 - I've just added a "k" to the end of Lisa's name (Fitzpatick)and the email has not been returned by the Postmaster this time - so assume that this is now the correct address ... Thanks!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf