Author Topic: Scotland  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Scotland
« on: June 09, 2012, 20:09:33 PM »
Just back from a fab break in the Highlands (Glencoe). We had fab weather- I mean scorchio! The scenery- outstanding. Accommodation (Kentra cottage- Glencoe village) fab. The walking - hard! The real ale- delicious, but the pub was 2.5 miles from the cottage - needs must though   ;) http://www.clachaig.com/ The wildlife included deer, seals, woodpeckers, eagle things ( bl**dy big birds) and more. The gnats - loved Nick, but the Smidge spray worked like a dream - highly recommended and smells nice. A trip on the Jacobean train over the "Harry Potter" viaduct just amazing - the West coast if Scotland - WOW! What a memorable holiday, I loved Scotland and to visit my ancestoral home of Strontian made it all the more special. A great holiday.  :-*

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Scotland
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 20:52:29 PM »
Glad you loved it Abby.  Lucky you getting great weather too, it's usually dismal

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 21:06:12 PM »
Sounds great.  Glad you enjoyed it.  I am really envious about your good luck with the weather.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 21:40:23 PM »
Glad you had such a lovely time and you are most welcome anytime in the future.   :)

Offline Marggie

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 04:28:46 AM »
You just can't beat Scotland when the sun shines!!!!  :)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 11:31:48 AM »
Ah GB, Strontian! How lovely, in fact I love the whole of Ardnamurchin and the lighthouse is the most westerly point on the British mainland. It's a lovely part of the country.
We love the Clachaig Inn and the imprumptu jamming sessions when we've popped in for some falling down water after skiing at Glencoe.
I am fortunate to drive this route at least twice a month to visit my family just outside Fort William, and every day looks different depending on the weather.
The good weather we've had certainly helps, as it can be very "dreicht" in the rain!
 ;D

Offline sannyrut

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 10:52:35 AM »
Loved it there when the sun shone and in some of the glens across the Highlands and Islands it gets too hot when your walking in to the foot of a Munro.Prefer the sun right enough but you've got to carry lots of water up to the tops 'cause there isn't any up high.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf