Linked Events

• Bring and Buy Sale and Massage/Reflexology at Bostans: October 04, 2012

Author Topic: Bring and Buy Sale and Massage/Reflexology at Bostans!  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Pi55y

Bring and Buy Sale and Massage/Reflexology at Bostans!
« on: September 21, 2012, 08:37:17 AM »
Following the huge success of the Bozalan coffee morning organised by 3C's members Mercury and BusyBee, the 3C's are holding an Autumn Bring and Buy sale and coffee morning in Çalış on Thursday 4 October. 

The sale will take place in the grounds of Bostans Hotel, which is located behind the court house in Çalış and will run from 11.00 until 2.00 pm.  There will be lots of lovely things to buy including hand-made jewellery, giftware and craft items.  There will also be lots of home-made cakes, biscuits and sausage rolls on sale, either to enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee or to take away. The 3C’s linen charity “bags for life”; fridge magnets and 2013 calendars will also be on sale.  As with any "Bring and Buy" sale, the 3C’s are hoping that some of those who attend will kindly bake a cake or "bring" an unwanted gift, item, plant cuttings whatever  to donate to the stalls and swell the items on sale and then  of course "buy" something nice to take away.

Also, For those who want to be pampered or are feeling stressed, we are really pleased to say that Jo Egerton,  wife of CBF member Stan, who does therapies in UK,  is kindly giving up a day of her holiday, to do Indian Head Massage, Head Neck and Shoulders  massage,  Refexology or a Hand and Foot Massage at the sale to help raise more money for the charity.

Whichever type of massage you choose, the cost will be 20TL for a 15/20 minute session.  At this price we expect the therapies to be very popular so we will take advance booings for these starting at 10.30 am.  Please e-mail me if you wish to book and state what type of massage you would like.

All of the money raised from the event will go towards funding worthwhile projects for children in the Fethiye/ Çalış  area.

We hope to see you there   :)

Offline Pi55y

Re: Bring and Buy Sale and Massage/Reflexology at Bostans!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 08:48:48 AM »

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 18:30:59 PM »
I have now spoken to Jo.  She will take reservations for any of the types of massage offered on the half hour starting 10.30 so if you wish to book a particular slot please can you e-mail me as soon as possible.   Thanks   :)

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 08:31:35 AM »
Reservations for Jo's therapies are now coming in so if you want to book a session you had better be quick   :)

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 08:52:05 AM »
There are only afternoon sessions left for Jo's therapies now so if you want to book please contact me.

slots available are 12.30, 1.00. 1.30 and 2.00

Thanks   :)

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 17:35:43 PM »
Lots of great goodies to be had at tomorrow's 3C's Bring and Buy Sale and Coffee Morning - jewellery, pictures, hand-knitted children's jumpers and hats, porcelain, crafty bits, make up, bric a brac ....   to name but a few -   .........  and then there is the cake stall - sausage rolls, Eccles cakes, bakewell tart, bread pudding, cup cakes, fairy cakes, crumpets,  pate - what more could you want?

Pop along and have a coffee and a browse at Bostans tomorrow 11.00 - 2.00 - all money to 3C;s charity - helping local children.  And if you can "bring" an item  for one of the stalls that would be lovely   :)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Bring and Buy Sale and Massage/Reflexology at Bostans!
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 11:16:36 AM »
I was disappointed at missing carnival this year but lucky enough to participate in some other things fortunately for us, to be on while here for this holiday. What a lovely display of handcrafted goods today at craft fair. Knitting, baking, card and jewellery making, bring  and buy, something for everyone. Picked up a couple of wee gifts whist there. Thanks to all.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 14:18:33 PM »
Wow. Now thats how to run a coffee morning. !!!!!What an amazing amount of cakes and donations. Grannys Oranges carrot cake was one of the best cakes I have ever tasted in my life. 100 of Busy bee famous sausgae rolls demolished in half an hour and the donations kept coming in all morning....feet up now me thinks. 

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 15:53:48 PM »
What a brilliant day!  Thank you everyone who supported the event either by donating items or by baking cakes, or attending and buying things.  We believe that we have made in the region of 2,500 TL today  which is a fantastic result, far more than expected.  The cakes were selling like the proverbial "hot cakes", the new 3C's calendar and bags were very popular and we had loads of nice giftware, bric a brac and children's hand knitted jumpers on sale.  A humungous thanks to Jo Egerton who gave up a day of her weeks holiday to help us and  raised 220 TL from her massage therapy sessions.

Finally thanks to Recip and Carole who allowed us to take over Bostans for the event and who have promised to donate a percentage of their takings to our charity    :).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf