Author Topic: Mangal restuarant  (Read 7703 times)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Re: Mangal restuarant
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 10:20:22 AM »
We've been out in Calis since the 15th August. It's the first time we've been to Calis (wife and 3 girls under 7) and we are already booked up again for 3 weeks next August. We have thoroughly enjoyed the place and the people.
Yet another family hooked on the Calis bug! Welcome & well done, glad you are enjoying.

Offline Clioman2

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 18:51:11 PM »
we, along with another couple, did the Mangal in June a few times this year and the food was very good; also were giving complimentary Baclava & ice cream. Went on 28 August and was served a Lamb Shank that was hot where it touched the clay pot and 'straight from the fridge' elsewhere. Didn't bother going again and heard that they were falling out of favour generally. Quite disappointed really as the staff are attentive without being pushy and the food had been good earlier in the year. The chicken doners are good though.
 Never mind, lots of other places to go......

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 18:59:55 PM »
I heard it had slipped a little. We've had similar problems with cold lamb shanks at other places so I guess they aren't the only ones who warm them up.

Had a nice hot one at Eroz a week or so ago. 24.5 ytl.

Offline gooner59

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 20:02:14 PM »
Not for us I'm afraid, we had a poor meal in Mangal a few years ago, but friends of ours said "it is their favourite". So we tried it again this year as maybe the chef had be replaced or something. Sorry to say, it is now the x2 worse meals we've had in Calis, it was cold and tasteless and not eaten. We will definetly not be going back. >:(

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 21:42:49 PM »
Thank goodness Barrie and I thought it was just us that thought the food was terrible...

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 22:01:46 PM »
We only went there a couple of times but I have to say both were nice. I won't go there again due to the dog licking plate incident but no complaints prior...

Offline biglee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 22:59:53 PM »
We always go to Mangal, always order the Beefsteak with eggs and garlic mushrooms.......recomend it to anyone

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf