Author Topic: NHS treatment for Ex-pat pensioners  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Marggie

NHS treatment for Ex-pat pensioners
« on: March 20, 2013, 21:37:55 PM »
Looks like the rules on length of time out of the UK are to be adhered to more strictly but the length of time is to be extended to six months.  Non pensioners living abroad will also be affected but the disqualifying period has yet to be decided.  Further guidelines will be issued this week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-190218/Ex-pat-pensioners-denied-NHS-treatment.html

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Re: NHS treatment for Ex-pat pensioners
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 00:01:12 AM »
This makes me so cross! Ex pat pay into the NHS and probably still do through their pensions, yet, on the news we hear this week that a 9month old child has been denied treatment because her fathers work permit expired in 2009 and the family decided to stay in the UK.  They are now complainiing because the NHS have told them they will have to pay for the childs treatment. And so they should, they are in the UK illegally, the news is trying to get our sympathy by showing this baby, in my case they are not succeding, it may appear hard or heartless to some of you, but, we have British children and citizens waiting legally for treatment.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 09:00:33 AM »
well said Loz it makes me cross too, this country needs to do something about all the people that are abusing this country, like having nhs treatment when they should not be and the claiming of benefits.. off topic I know (apologies for that) but I have been watching the series 16 kids and counting with avid interest, one family in particular has made my blood boil and boil they have 11 children the house is a disgrace the kids do as they like no set bedtimes etc the father is 54 and wants more children he has openly said he gets £690 a week in benefits. If he wants more children I truly believe he should either not be allowed to receive any more money for the 12th child or he should be made to go back to his own country and have his 12th child there....   

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 17:44:58 PM »
Once again, immigrants, whether legal or not, are being treated better than genuine British citizens by this ,supposedly caring government!! So-called 'Health Tourists' are expected by law, to pay for ANY medical treatment in the U.K. , but bugger off back to their own country, (if we are lucky, that is, ) without paying a single penny. Why don't the powers that be refuse entry to the U.K. for any immigrant who does not have the financial wherewithal to repay the cost of treatment, & confiscate all passports belonging to 'Health Tourists' who have the money, until they have paid in full?
When, (and a huge 'if' ;), Turkey EVER become a full member of the European Union, this problem 'should' not arise, but, I for one , would not expect the Turkish government to allow anything 'for free'.
 Rant over, & I rest my case !!   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf