Author Topic: Nightlife for 16 yr olds  (Read 4324 times)

Offline ruthb

Re: Nightlife for 16 yr olds
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 16:42:46 PM »
Thanks Hyacinth, you did have me worried!  And Desmartinson......very true!!

Offline Mrs Hyacinth Bouquet

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 16:46:51 PM »
I really didn't mean to. They'll get lots of attention from the waiters who will treat them like princesses and as far as I'm concerned, that's where the problems start but if you're nearby I wouldn't worry. They'll come out of the bars feeling on top of the world like 16 year olds do anyway!  ;D ;D

Offline ruthb

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 16:49:18 PM »
And we will go home with grey hair no doubt!!!

Offline Mrs Hyacinth Bouquet

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 16:55:15 PM »
Hahahaaaa...noooo, not if you're around. You'll have a fab holiday! Enjoy.   :)  :)

Offline Miss.M

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 17:47:04 PM »
I really didn't mean to. They'll get lots of attention from the waiters who will treat them like princesses and as far as I'm concerned, that's where the problems start but if you're nearby I wouldn't worry. They'll come out of the bars feeling on top of the world like 16 year olds do anyway!  ;D ;D

Can agree with that! Though if the girls make sure they take it light-heartedly and not seriously it's fine and just a laugh. My parents would often spend their evenings at Cinar or Josephs and just quickly pop their heads in to B52 on the way back to the apartment to see how we are, if we're inside 'Crazyhorse' often just lets them know how we've been no bother and just dancing away haha.

Can't really speak for Scarletts as I've not been but I'd imagine it's the same. Been to Bus Stop once and enjoyed myself there, remember that being a lively and friendly atmosphere. As for the guys fighting, I've not seen any of that but could be because I'm having a late night snack in the apartment when that happens!

Offline Steve A

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 18:02:40 PM »
The place is so small you are able to sit next door or across the road and usually if you let the staff know you are around they take care of your loved ones.but again common sense should prevail,where would you let them go in UK ,what safeguards would you put I place and what would you expect of the kids behaviour wise.I have followed this with my kids over the years and the only place I felt uncomfortable with was MCM.By the way I have been going for 7years and have never seen a fight,loads at home though.often the worrying is worse than the reality

Offline AgingDave

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 18:13:34 PM »
Why not try the Bus stop bar next door to Nil bar and above the Orient restaurant, at the moment its being renovated , but seemed very popular last year with the younger generation , Tio will make you feel very welcome , and Matt who is English is a very mellow waiter

Offline ruthb

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 22:41:14 PM »
Thank you for all your replies, much appreciated.  And if you see a suspicious couple with binolculars, sat in a bar in Calis, give us a wave!!    ;)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 23:23:12 PM »
Can't speak for B52 but I well remember I fellow being ejected from Scarlett for harrassing woman.

To be brutally honest it's part of the young guys who work in B52, Scarlett and Bus Stop's job description to charm young female tourists and they are very good at it. That's the same the world over except perhaps in the National Hotel, Dingwall.

Teo, Mustafa and Murat cannot really be held responsible for what goes on away from the bar environment.

Everybody just needs to be sensible.

PS I have not like B52 since they stopped trying to persuade me to go in >:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf