Author Topic: Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep!!!!!  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Pi55y

Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep!!!!!
« on: April 20, 2013, 16:14:00 PM »
The 3C's had a most unusual request the other day.  The mothers at the "love home" which is home to the youngest orphan boys aged 5/6 would love to get the boys some pet chicks so that they can learn how to look after them and learn to be responsible for them.  However to have pet chicks, they need a coop to keep them in.  The love house has a volunteer who will build them a chicken house for free, but they need to get the materials.  The 3C's were asked if they could help by paying for the materials - so yes you've guessed it, the boys will soon have some fluffy little chicks to look after.

As you are no doubt aware it is very difficult for us to publish pictures of some of the children we help, so although we may not be able to show pictures of the youngsters with their new pets,  we hope in a few weeks time to publish some pictures of the chicks/chickens in situ in their new house!!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 17:42:23 PM »
Wish we where out there for longer would love to help out.  Phil built a chicken house, and a duck house when we kept fowl.   I also had an incubator where I hatched out the eggs and brood boxes where I brought the chicks on under lights.
It would be great to dabble again.  I really enjoyed keeping the chickens.  At one time we had 46 chickens and 26 ducks, also 2 geese and 1 peacock and 2 pea hens.
Anyway good luck with it all, it will be lovely for the children I am sure. ;D   Lets know how they get on.    :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 10:41:14 AM »
Aw that will be really lovely for those little lads  :)look forward to the pics of the chicks in a few weeks time ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf