Author Topic: Property left on Plane  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Property left on Plane
« on: May 08, 2013, 08:46:12 AM »
Friends have just arrived and have managed to leave their IPad on the plane!
I guess they must enquire to the flight company rather than Dalaman airport? Has anyone else had similar experience?

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Re: Property left on Plane
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 09:05:33 AM »
The flight company should have a "lost property" section on their web site George or if they have a rep at  the airport contact them

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 09:20:03 AM »
Thomas Cook used to match up the traveler's name to the seat number for things left on a flight from the manifest. Of course this works if people haven't changed seats etc. but overall, they system works. Any rep in resort should be able to filter your query via their 'office'.  I once left something on a flight into Corfu and the item was in the hands of the Thomas Cook staff before I cleared with my luggage.

Offline Lotty

Property left on Plane
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 09:39:41 AM »
I lost my mobile phone on return flight 3 years ago. I realised at baggage reclaim and reported it immediately, before we left the airport. Too late. Despite cancelling I found I was still 'making' calls to Somalia. Terrible experience with Orange who practically called me a liar. Be careful,it's so easy to lose things, we now do a check list as soon as we can stand up.

Offline yabanci

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 13:10:08 PM »
I left my I-Pod on a T.C. flight a couple of years ago and had to pick it up from the airport's lost property office which is located on the ground floor (Arrivals).

Offline LoubyLou

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 04:44:49 AM »
Our son left his wallet on the plane (empty apart from his provisional drivers licence!!). We went to collect it from the lost property office in the arrivals hall, as we thought it would save him the aggro of getting a new drivers licence. Staff were very helpful and wallet returned.

Offline maclarke1

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 21:11:59 PM »
My daughter left het IPod touch on a Monarch flight into Dalaman, did not realise until we got to our apartment. Thought we would wait until return trip from Dalaman and ask in lost property - it was closed.

Got home and contacted Dalaman lost property (spoke very good English), they had the Ipod there, as it was end of season all lost property goes on the last relevant flight back to UK. Got in touch with Monarch who posted it to us. So don't give in.

I also left my reading glasses on the same plane but never seen them again!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 21:15:57 PM »
I left a peppermint aero on the plane last month. I was gutted as I was looking forward to having it on the hotel balcony (but that's another story).

Then I realised that they were 68p each at Boots at the airport or two for a pound. So I ate the other one.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 20:08:40 PM »
I left my heart on a plane once, --- or was that in San Francisco?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf