Author Topic: Help to find items for a UK charity  (Read 2121 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Help to find items for a UK charity
« on: September 24, 2013, 12:18:51 PM »
Mrs Tickets and myself help the UK charity Bag Books by sourcing items from Turkey for them to use in their multi-sensory story 'books', that are cheaper to buy in Turkey.  It's a fantastic charity and does great work in the UK you can find out more about Bag Books from their website http://www.bagbooks.org/ and/or this link to their video on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ElsSZHEevdc.

So how can you help?  We've been asked to see if we can source sea shells and star fish, based on this criterea supplied by Dean at Bagbooks:

We have a new story coming out about a trip to the seaside and one of the pages has seashells on it. I've attached a photo of 4 sample A3 pages to give you an idea. In the UK, the approx 5 inch starfish are costing £2 each and the collection of other shells cost a further £1 so we're looking at around £3 per page. I wondered if you could get cheaper ones in Turkey? The main thing is that they are not too small and are all relatively flat so that they fit in the box with the other pages (so no conches etc). We'd need around 50 pages for the initial run.

So if you can help me find these items please let me know me know.  I'm happy to collect.  Now the final challenge, my daughter is returning to the UK on Monday and we'd like to send this back with her.

Thanks in advance for any help, but also if you have taken the time to look at the Bagbooks site and video.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Re: Help to find items for a UK charity
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 13:56:40 PM »
Sorry I can't help with those items UBT.  Hopefully somebody from the 3 C's might be able to help?  :)

Just had a look at the Charity  :), well done you two a very worthwhile cause, good luck  8)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 20:30:32 PM »
Is it legal to import them ?

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 08:32:57 AM »
I hope to make my usual stop to the discount store this week or next, I will see what they have, and when back home I will root around as I have my little horde of treasures that I keep meaning to do something with. remind me though, memory of a gold fish.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf