Author Topic: Turkish lessons  (Read 1745 times)

Offline helenb

• Newly Registered
Turkish lessons
« on: December 04, 2013, 09:07:15 AM »
Does anybody know a good local tutor in Calis or Fethiye? Or, even better, conversation classes? My basic Turkish is pretty good but there's so much room for improvement! Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Turkish lessons
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 10:30:23 AM »
If you are on Facebook Mahoney Aslan (or Muhammer) has a Turkish Lesson Page on there and runs a small group I think

However he may not be available in the summer months.

Try

mahoneyaslan@facebook.com

mahoneyaslan@mynet.com

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 10:58:28 AM »
helenb - if you type Turkish Lessons into search you will get alternatives.  :)

Offline Brianbern

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 11:10:54 AM »
Ilknur Doody does Turkish lessons - she has a Facebook Page - TC Ilknur Doody - she is a registered translator & speaks perfect English too!

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 14:13:52 PM »
I'm having intermediate lessons with Mahoney at the adult ed centre in Fethiye, but registration has closed now. Many people have left after just a couple of weeks, and I'm not sure I will be able to stick with it either, I find the time keeping and teaching style frustrating personally, it may suit some but not for me.
If you love grammatical jargon, late starts and long tea breaks then you could ask if they would consider any late applicants, there's certainly enough space.

There are many teachers that come recommended and I'm sure more people can recommend others to you.

On a Friday Angel at the Nil bar does free lessons from 1 til 2 for conversation practice and I go to that too. She's brilliant, so enthusiastic and makes it fun and memorable. Come and join us if you can. We only started a few weeks ago, and each week is independent if the one before so don't worry about catching up.

She does an intermediate class on Mondays at 1pm too. Many of her intermediate class attend the conversation too.

Offline UPtownr

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 15:23:37 PM »
Hi "helenb". I can recommend Arzu Sonbahar without reservations. She is a translator of Christian theology books into Turkish. She does both conversational sessions as well as the L.A.P. method of language teaching for ex-pats (mostly American and Dutch) here with great success. She has a facebook page (/arzusonbahar) and her email is sonbahar_arzu@hotmail.com. No need to worry about late starts and extended tea breaks with her as her time table is pretty structured.

I could help you with that too. Though I've been living in the US for the past 30 years, Turkish is my 'mother-tongue', language studies fascinate me, and teaching gives me a nice digress from my every day occupation. I do help a couple of the Americans with their L.A.P. sessions (also with great success, if I may say so), when Arzu is not available. You can find me in facebook too (/jacobberi).

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 11:38:22 AM »
Today's lesson was great with Mahoney, he seems to have really taken on board our difficulties with the grammar terminology, hopefully it will continue well.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 13:50:28 PM »

It was said "Şehirdeki en yakışıklı garson" (Google translate)

I could never see it, but the present Mrs H seemed to   :)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 07:34:38 AM »
I'm with you on that H.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf