Author Topic: How did you manage to find Fethiye  (Read 16051 times)

Offline babcc

• It is, what it is!
Re: How did you manage to find Fethiye
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2015, 13:34:37 PM »
I had a burst appendex and got peronitis and was very very ill and was 39 years old.  Got over it and as I was going to be 40 we wanted to have a holiday and had been to Spain for the last couple of years.  Friend suggested Turkey as he knew someone who rented their apartment out and I am not going to lie I did turn my nose up and had no grounds to do so.

Anyway we came to Calis, fell in  love with the place on day one, decided on a whim to look at some places to buy on the last day of our holiday.  Talked about nothing else on the way home and put an offer in with Golden Moon to buy a duplex off Baris Manco and that was it.  Absolutely love it but just never been able to make enough use of it as my holidays are not great.  Is rented out full time now and we are going to sell but I know we will still be back to Calis - a piece of my heart is there.  :)

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2015, 13:59:31 PM »
I sort of turned right from the Dalaman Airport road and .................................there it was!  :)

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2015, 14:55:27 PM »
Where do I start about 17 years ago myself and husband (then boyfriend) went to Kusadasi on holidays and swore we would never go back to Turkey again but 3 children later and a few dodgy package holidays  with grim accommodation paying under occupancy supplements we looked at buying a place for our own for holidays. A local estate agent who was selling properties abroad suggested  Bulgaria but never liked the thought of It for ourselves so wondered how could possible encourage other to rent it off us either (lucky escape anyway know of number of people who bought and properties never materlised ) Did like others fancy Portugal but out of our budget so March 2007 we flew Belfast Manchester Istanbul Dalaman to do inspection trip with Hanel. We stayed in Ata Park Hotel and were shown round various complexes they had built Summer , Sunset Seaside to name a few all too expensive for us so we decided on a 2 bed at Botanic Gardens Dalaman paid our deposit and more and off home we went happy as Larry
The story doesn't end there we went back out as a family October 2007 stayed for a week in a friends  apartment in Lissa Park Calis so we could go and see the progress of Botanic Gardens ,went to visit and never spoke to whole journey back to Calis from Dalaman. What a mistake wrong accommodation wrong place. we then went and had a few difficult conversations with Hanel House whomI have to say we're very accommodating in that we ended up blowing the budget and buying a 2 bed in Sunset Beach Club and have never looked back since -well tell a lie had a few sleepless nights over tapu Since then we have visited Calis 3 times a year and enjoy it more each time we have that 'Calis Bug' you all talk about. often talk about selling but then we visit again and think where else would we get any better roll on 18th May to get back again.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2015, 13:16:57 PM »
We were looking around to buy property,tried the usual suspects,Spain,Bulgaria,Egypt even.Each of those beset with their own problems.A friend suggested Turkey as they had been to Olu a few times and to Yaniklar where one of their friends had bought.They put us in touch with their friends who told us a bit about the Fethiye area ,the buying process and their views since they had bought.I then hit the Internet and bombarded local agents with questions ,requests for details etc.one agent shone through with prompt,detailed ,helpful responses.
After some time the agent suggested that we could go on like this forever but if we were serious we would need to visit.All we could arrange was a flying 3 night stay,armed with a load of readies in my money belt .When we returned home we had bought the shell of a villa off BMB ,planned how we wanted it finished,bought the kitchen,marble,tiles etc,employed a builder and the agent project managed it through to completion.
This was only our second visit to Turkey,our first being a package in Marmaris about five years prior.
That was 8 years ago and we have never looked back.
A strange little twist was that the Turkish vendor was married to an English lady who was from our hometown and had been a friend of my mother in law before she moved to Turkey,Kismet I think.

Offline peter16

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2015, 17:31:20 PM »
Steve A, you have left us hanging  :( who was the agent ?   :)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2015, 18:52:30 PM »
Peter ,not a favourite on here but it was the now defunct Taurean

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf